Terra Soft Launches PS3/PowerMac/IBM User Showcase

YDL News and Announcements to keep you informed.

Will you be submitting to the User Showcase?

Yes, I will send in a HOW-TO
No votes
Yes, I will contribute to Storytime
No votes
Yes, I have a Business Showcase
No votes
Yes, I will be doing more than one of the above
100%
No, I am new to YDL and not able to do this yet
No votes

Total votes : 1

Terra Soft Launches PS3/PowerMac/IBM User Showcase

Postby Fei's Nik » 16 May 2007, 22:35

Terra Soft Launches PS3 User Showcase

LOVELAND, Colorado - 16 May 2007 - Terra Soft today launched a program to engage its growing PS3 user base through the sharing of their unique stories on the Terra Soft Showcase web pages.

As presented on the Terra Soft website, "You may be a super-geek, cranking out code into the midnight hour. Or you may be just like the rest of us, cranking out a mid term exam paper an hour before it's due. Either way, you have a story to tell, a unique experience to share. And if you are using YDL on a PLAYSTATION(R)3, an Apple PowerPC, or an IBM Power product, you are doing something the rest of us would like to hear about."

Jake Fedie, graphic designer and founding member of the Terra Soft team shares, "Terra Soft has for eight years built its foundation upon story telling. While we host a rich diversity of customer stories, we are now moving to capture more by rewarding YDL users for sharing them."

This program is divided into 3 levels:

# HOWTOs
# Story Time
# Showcase

"HOWTOs" are a means of sharing knowledge, from one user to another. "Story Time" can be a poem or song, a story serious or comical, real or fictional that relates to Yellow Dog Linux or Linux as a whole. The "Showcase" gives life to the stories of real people in a diversity of real world environments, from NASA to the Department of Energy labs to mom-n-pop shops.

Qualified submissions are posted on the Terra Soft Showcase website and authors are rewarded with a care package comprised of one or more of the following: YDL T-shirt, flexible flier, coffee mug, lunch box, and/or a YDL.net Enhanced account.

To learn more about this program and to submit your story, visit:
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/showc ... bmit.shtml

About Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
As the recognized leader in Linux for Power since 1999, Terra Soft provides turn-key, integrated solutions built upon IBM, Mercury, and Sony systems, board support packages for Power OEMs, and cross-architecture Linux applications for high performance computing. Terra Soft develops Yellow Dog Linux, the leading 32/64-bit Linux OS for the Power architecture, first to market with support for the Cell processor; the Y-HPC cross-architecture cluster construction suite; and Y-Bio, a cross-architecture gene sequence analysis suite for both workstations and clusters. For more information, visit http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com

"Power Mac" is a registered trademark of Apple Computer. PLAYSTATION and PS3 are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "Power" is a trademark of IBM. YDL, Y-HPC, and Y-Bio are trademarks of Terra Soft Solutions. "Linux" is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. Additional product and company names mentioned may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Your friendly neighborhood moderator,
Nik Stanosheck
http://www.Stanosheck.com
Image Image
Fei's Nik

Return to News & Announcements