ydl install loads I2C device driver then fails to boot GUI

All kernel questions! 2.4 or new 2.6 kernel, compiling, modules, panics, etc.

ydl install loads I2C device driver then fails to boot GUI

Postby tom_anna » 08 Oct 2005, 20:20

Hello to all Members, Guests and Mods,

The following error has again been displayed involving yet another ydl ver 4.0.1 Disk #1 install on yet another iMac G5 Apple PC :

The error code and information seems to "directly" relate to the ydl 4.0.1 kernel accessing a particular area that is kaput !
The device driver for I2C loads in and then there is a "dump" .... several lines of zero's ( " 0 ") mixed with other readable code

Beside each line of codes is a short description and again i2C is mentioned as a driver ... the mention of "not" syncing ...kernel panic then

<rebooting in 180 seconds>

We pose the following question to our kernel group and ydl staff :

If the typed in gui G5 installer boot from the installer boot prompt won't work and if the G5 installer text based option won't either, each come up with the same error ... can you advise all of us who have the Apple iMac G5 20" and 17" PC's how to stop the i2C driver being loaded perhaps by something else behind the gui or text installer options on the boot prompt line please. Thank You.

We are certain having made a Press Release stating and "yes" the Mac Mini and iMac G5 work with ydl 4.0.1 that there must be a solution at the install boot prompt line for additional entry. Unfortunately even the latest Companion to all other available screen help and other ydl 4.0.1 is of no help with this bug. If you would be so kind to alert this forum to the additional parameter(s) we would all be very greatful. Thank You Again.

cheers,
tom and anna.
New iMac G5 17" LCD with SuperDrive 1.5Gig of onBoard Ram, OS X 10.4.0, External Firewire 320Gig HDD, 2nd External Firewire/USB HDD 80 Gig (Minimum) Available. 4Button+Scroll Wheel MS Mouse, 8port External Ethernet Hub, Internal V90/92 Modem
tom_anna
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Kernel