Ydl4 kernel 2.6.9 & 10 brolke MOL

All kernel questions! 2.4 or new 2.6 kernel, compiling, modules, panics, etc.

Ydl4 kernel 2.6.9 & 10 brolke MOL

Postby feebaby » 25 Mar 2005, 18:46

I have a Lombard PB running ydl4 & updated my kernel to fix my sleep issue & it broke MOL in the process. I have checked with maconlinux.org & I have a newer version of MOL then they have. Has anyone recompiled MOL yet to work with these newer kernels? It worked perfectly when my kernel was 2.6.8-1 but my powerbook was constantly sleeping at odd times & not coming back which has been fixed withe 2.6.9-1. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I'm sure this has something to do with Stonehenge...
feebaby
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby dtodd » 30 Apr 2005, 11:41

As a new YDL user, I never had MOL running. There seems to have been some
module mismatch with the binary distribution (I retrieved mol-0.9.71), so I got the source via RPMs (mol-0.9.71 and mol-kmod-0.9.71) and tried to compile them -- unsuccessfully. Numerous errors with undefined references (last ones were init_sheep, init_tap, and init_tun in iface.c, but there were a number of others prior to that).

I'm on a single processor G5 running YDL 2.6.10, which seems to be a rather unusual configuration that has caused compilation problems with other packages when I try to make them.

Any suggestions as to how I can successfully compile MOL with my kernel? Anyone else do it successfully?
dtodd
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Kernel