On start up I get an Xserver issue.

Any problems with the Xserver, Configs or Sound.

On start up I get an Xserver issue.

Postby mindreaper » 22 Oct 2005, 03:07

When I boot into ydl I get an error stating "I cannot start the X server (your graphical interface). It is likely that it is not set up correctly. Would you like to view the X server output to diagnose the problem?" Then either option yes or no. I chose yes and I get "I will disable the X server for now. Restart the GDM when it is configured correctly." Then an option for OK. Never mind I typed in Xautoconfig and fixed the issue.
mindreaper
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: On start up I get an Xserver issue.

Postby shadowsniper » 10 Dec 2008, 16:10

im having exactly the same problem and i cnt get any answers is there a way of putting the default videosettings back cause i changed them an thats why i have this problem any help would be appreciated thx
shadowsniper
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: On start up I get an Xserver issue.

Postby ppietro » 10 Dec 2008, 23:03

shadowsniper wrote:im having exactly the same problem and i cnt get any answers is there a way of putting the default videosettings back cause i changed them an thats why i have this problem any help would be appreciated thx

Here's a professional forum tip - it's best if you don't piggyback on old threads. This thread was posted in 2005. The original poster and issue is long gone by now. Closing & locking this thread.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to X and Multimedia