This distro alive or what?

Any problems with the Xserver, Configs or Sound.

This distro alive or what?

Postby Bikerbob » 14 Aug 2007, 04:10

I am not seeing much activity on this board at all..

Most of the questions I see asked are going unanswered as there does not seem to be a lot of experienced users on here helping out.

I would like to get this working on my G3/400 and I have a 5.02 install and it boots ok.. though slow.

Problem is like others on here.. i cannot get the config to recognize my video card. I have a radian 7000 pci in this computer.. as mainstream as it gets.

It did not find my video card or monitor, I can change the monitor and it will accept the change.. it will accept no change to the video card.

James
Bikerbob
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Bikerbob » 16 Aug 2007, 16:50

Well it looks like I might have been right..

This Dog is about ready to be put down!

I guess everyone who still wants to use their PPC as a modern linux base has moved to Ubuntu.

I have installed it on another machine as well.. and it seems to work well.

I liked the look of 5.02 very much.. nice interface and software.. but if there is no support .. there is no point.. a distro is only as good as the people using it.

James
Bikerbob
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby kamika » 17 Aug 2007, 09:08

so you're saying your video card is working with ubuntu ppc?

did you boot the live cd? if so you can use the xorg settings and move them over to ydl.

you might also want to take a closer look at the ydl mailing list archive, maybe you will find something interesting there.

and remember, thisi is a user based forum, no official support. it's hard to help if no one has a comparable setup to your special situation.

and there's nothing wrong with using another distro if it fits better to the machine's need (with less configuring around).

i hope you could get your g3 running, as long as you use linux i'll be glad :lol:
kamika
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to X and Multimedia