Video Editing

Any problems with the Xserver, Configs or Sound.

Video Editing

Postby du5tin » 10 Aug 2004, 17:26

I've been using my powerbook G4 for video editing as of late and I wanted to switch to Yellow Dog but I've been putting it off because I don't know if it comes with a decent video editor like iMovie. Is there an included editor or do I have to find one from the open source community after I install?
du5tin

Postby bfedrec » 10 Aug 2004, 21:44

I can't say for sure but I'm almost positive you won't find a good movie editor in YDL And you'd probably be hard pressed to find one as easy to use and functional as iMovie in the open source community anywhere... The only thing that comes to mind at all is Film GIMP.... which isn't really the same thing.

CharlesP
bfedrec
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby StarKnight83 » 11 Aug 2004, 13:39

I dont believe that there is anything as simple as iMovie for linux (though ive never used iMovie-just premere) There is a program that will allow you to do high quality video and audio editting called Cinelerra; Here is a link to the site Cinelerra
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Postby hank_le » 19 Aug 2004, 16:13

I think you may be intereseted in Kino, a nonlinear video editor. It seems to do *most* of what iMovie does, if not quite as gracefully. I tried it on a B+W G3 (300MHz), which was *totally* unusable, but it runs nicely on my G4 466. Combine that with Mplayer and transcode, and you've got a pretty nice system.

(BTW, a YDL binary rpm for Kino is available at freshrpms.net)
hank_le
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

How do I compile transcode?

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2004, 21:22

How do I compile transcode? Whenever I try I just get errors, i've seen a patch but how do i use that I'm new to linux!

Thanks

A

Compiling transcode

Postby hank_le » 01 Dec 2004, 12:49

I imagine that you are missing some dependencies. The Freshrpms yum repository has transcode available (at least for YDL3.x)
hank_le
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby scottlinux » 03 May 2005, 22:42

http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3

Sorry to reply to a thread that is a little dated, but here's a good Linux editor.
scottlinux
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to X and Multimedia