VLC and system freeze HELP Please!

Any problems with the Xserver, Configs or Sound.

VLC and system freeze HELP Please!

Postby MUSTANG750R » 10 Mar 2009, 22:31

Okay I managed to get the VLC player on my system, but every time I use it my system would freeze up on me.Now sometimes the video will play but then after it finishes that's it, but most of the time it just freezes and I get nothing.

The system is an original 60gb model PS3 with YDL 6.1. Now because I choose to give the game OS most of the HDD (out of 500gb) I decided that I would play my videos off my external HDD. Now here's the questions, do have to load the videos to the internal HDD while in YDL, or is there a fix so that none of this is a problem?

Thanks in advance :D
MUSTANG750R
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: VLC and system freeze HELP Please!

Postby MUSTANG750R » 12 Mar 2009, 14:00

Yeah the problem some how resolved itself, so thanks? :D
MUSTANG750R
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Topdon87 » 26 Apr 2009, 13:45

Does anyone know of a solution for this problem? I am having the exact same troubles.

I can play the videos full screen but once i have finished and i exit the application the screen will freeze on me. :(
PS3 CECHA01 60gb (R.I.P Gone but not forgotten)

PS3 CECHK01 80gb (upgraded to 320gb)
YDL 6.1 with Gnome and 80gb external
Topdon87
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ravenous420 » 04 Aug 2009, 07:51

Me too, i have the same exact problem.
basically, if i open a avi filetype VLC media player will infact play my media, however i cannot stop it from playing.
if i attempt to pause, stop, close or minimize the player the video feed will disapear and the screen glitches, afterwards you still hear the sounds.
if you attempt to just open the video and immediately go into full-screen mode, sometimes it will disapear and freeze, othertimes i've gotten the fullscreen to work, however if u ever try to close out of the full-screen mode, it jams.
and finally, if you watch the video, without touching it, lol basically after the video finishes you require a reboot.
tell me theres help...
80GB PS3 YDL6.2 on a 13" SD 480i - Worlds Smallest Television lol
ravenous420
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 05 Aug 2009, 01:14

This topic effectively ended in April. Since it's currently being discussed elsewhere, I'm locking this thread for new posts.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to X and Multimedia