X crash with multimedia app

Any problems with the Xserver, Configs or Sound.

X crash with multimedia app

Postby Kujira » 17 Aug 2004, 16:36

I install a YDL 3.0 on an iMac. My graphic card is a ATI force 2 Mx, and I use the generic driver for it, named "nv" in the /etc/X11/XF86config file. I also install Xine Mplayer and VLC, but they all crash my X server with few explanations in logs. Can I use an alternative driver, or a most recent driver for ATI on ppc ?
La différence entre 0 et 1 est infiniment supérieure à celle qui sépare 1 de 2. Car il s'agit de passer du rien au tout...
Kujira
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby kamika » 18 Aug 2004, 20:50

there should be no problem with the recent driver.
at least as far as i know.
kamika
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StarKnight83 » 10 Sep 2004, 08:33

i dont believe that nv is the default driver for that vid card; nv is the defualt kernel driver for nvida cards

<edit>
well after looking at a bunch of spec sheets im going to assume that your iMac has an nvidia GeForce2 chipset/graphics card in it. the "nv" driver is the correct one if thats the case and did you alter any of the 3d accel options in the X config file-cause those are all for ati cards. Nvidia cards only have 3d accel enabled on the official nvidia drivers released on thier site-unfortunatly they are x86 only so they wont work on a mac. If possible could you please post any error messages you get from X
</edit>

thanks, Joe
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Return to X and Multimedia