Rhythmbox plugin errors on startup in YDL 6.2

Any problems with the Xserver, Configs or Sound.

Rhythmbox plugin errors on startup in YDL 6.2

Postby pwall » 19 Oct 2009, 23:31

Hi All

Perhaps someone maybe able to shed some light on a small problem I have encountered with Rhythmbox. I am running YDL 6.2 on a Powermac G5 and when rhythmbox is launched it throws up two errors "Unable to activate plugin portable players" and "Unable to activate plugin Audio CD Player" - when launched from the command line it shows the following:

Code: Select all
$ rhythmbox

(rhythmbox:8067): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/audiocd/libaudiocd.so: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0e011fcc for symbol `libhal_ctx_new' out of range

(rhythmbox:8067): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Could not load plugin audiocd

(rhythmbox:8067): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Error, impossible to activate plugin 'Audio CD Player'

(rhythmbox:8067): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/generic-player/libgeneric-player.so: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0df4f28c for symbol `strcmp' out of range

(rhythmbox:8067): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Could not load plugin generic-player

(rhythmbox:8067): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Error, impossible to activate plugin 'Portable Players'

If the two plugins in question are removed from /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/ the errors disappear.

I was wondering if anyone has a solution to get the two plugins to play ball especially the Audio CD Player.

Many thanks in advance!

Pat
pwall
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Return to X and Multimedia