Warhawk

Just want to have a nice chat with your beer? Go ahead ;-)

Warhawk

Postby billb » 21 May 2008, 15:19

I love playing Warhawk, but sometimes it is difficult to find a decent server to play on... occasionally I'll find one where everyone plays as a team (CTF), teams are fairly balanced, etc. but ...

Common problems are:

* Noobs taking up space and not doing anything worthwhile (like sitting in a tower trying to snipe while your team's flag is on the other side of the board and you're stuck hiding in a bunker with three Warhawks hovering over you, waiting for you to come out with their flag)

* Teamkillers, or if teamkill is turned off, someone from the other team moves over to your team and purposefully causes problems (like launching players off a cliff in a jeep or APC, damaging all the vehicles in the base, wasting mines ... and it's really bad when they are on the host's "team" and they never get kicked

* Whatever idiotic team balancing function is implemented in Warhawk ... I have been in CTF games where team-switching is not allowed ("that would cause an imbalance") and there are 10 people on the other team and like 2 or 3 on mine. I can't handle offense and defense at the same time for very long ... :roll:

* Hosts that kick/ban you just because you are stomping a mudhole in their team's arse

* Players that whine about a little same-team damage when it was clearly accidental or to let them know they did something incredibly stupid (when the whining starts that is usually when I throw a grenade in their face)

* Team members that take the getaway vehicle you so cleverly placed near the other team's flag and either destroy it or run off with it (see above about letting them know the did something incredibly stupid)

* Hosts that insist only people they know are allowed on their team and continue to let the game run on when it's 15 to 3 players and there's absolutely no chance to win or even move 10' without getting killed because there are 6 warhawks, 3 tanks, 4 jeeps with gunners, and 2 snipers in your only spawn area.

* Players that whine about you carrying the flag in the last bit after they get killed with it ... I mean ... you snooze you loose ... :D

* Players that whine about anything at all, really, except for me of course, and at least I'm not doing it in-game ... :lol:

* You get on a server, play the last few minutes of a game, then it shuts down

* Server looks good, a few spots left open, connecting ... nope, spots reserved for "buddies"
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby uncholowapo » 21 May 2008, 16:01

* Noobs taking up space and not doing anything worthwhile (like sitting in a tower trying to snipe while your team's flag is on the other side of the board and you're stuck hiding in a bunker with three Warhawks hovering over you, waiting for you to come out with their flag)

Amen. I hate that. I usually tell to go somewhere else and if they don't listen then the get the "grenade in the face".
* You get on a server, play the last few minutes of a game, then it shuts down

They should patch that up with a rule that if a game is in the last 5 minutes or close to it you can't enter and they should add a filter option for it. That same thing happens in CoD4.
* Hosts that insist only people they know are allowed on their team and continue to let the game run on when it's 15 to 3 players and there's absolutely no chance to win or even move 10' without getting killed because there are 6 warhawks, 3 tanks, 4 jeeps with gunners, and 2 snipers in your only spawn area.

IMO that doesn't bother me at all. When I do get into a game like that I either get all the available weapons of the arsenal and plant all the mines I can and just wait for them. Or I would just take a little ride to the midpoint and "patch" it up there.
PS3 40GB has YDL 6.1 running 480i on a piece of $#!% Sanyo 24 incher. Need to go to 1080p.
uncholowapo
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby billb » 21 May 2008, 17:54

uncholowapo wrote:

IMO that doesn't bother me at all. When I do get into a game like that I either get all the available weapons of the arsenal and plant all the mines I can and just wait for them. Or I would just take a little ride to the midpoint and "patch" it up there.

I don't mind so much being on the winning side of that, though it gets boring and I feel bad for the losing "team" ... on the losing side it is frustrating, especially when repeatedly getting stuck in that situation on multiple servers. It is fun when I spawn and get a lucky grenade-to-Warhawk shot in and kill one of them, but it is a hopeless situation as far as winning the match overall, especially in CTF.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby uncholowapo » 21 May 2008, 18:40

Yea that is true. I have been on the losing side and I just wanted to throw my PS3 out my window.
PS3 40GB has YDL 6.1 running 480i on a piece of $#!% Sanyo 24 incher. Need to go to 1080p.
uncholowapo
ydl guru
ydl guru

Return to Speaker's Corner