Microsoft Bans On-Liners

Just want to have a nice chat with your beer? Go ahead ;-)

Microsoft Bans On-Liners

Postby Taellik » 12 Nov 2009, 14:57

Interesting thing... Micro$oft banned a ton of users ( legit & not ) from it on-line service ( that people pay monthly $$$$ for ) for alleged modded consoles. Wonder how they "knew" the consoles had been modded.. . .

Looks like Baldy Ballmer is putting spyware on 360's to see before / after type hardware or software.

Hope copycat Sony doesn't try the same with its phat / slim PS3s.

Taellik
PS3 80GB, FW 3.21
EyeToy II
NO YDL 6.2 due to 3.21 firmware upgrade
PSP
PSP Go! Cam
Taellik
ydl addict
ydl addict

Location: Raleigh NC and God's Favorite Nation --> THE United States of America

Re: Microsoft Bans On-Liners

Postby bonedome » 22 Nov 2009, 19:49

Hello
sony have never made any secret of the fact they spy on you and me, read the agreement you make every time you update your firmware, we're all being spied on, hence I created a bogus email name and address to sign into psn, not that that's going to make a huge difference, I haven't disguised my ip address.
I treasure my privacy and do plenty to keep it

yours sincerely
George Skirtingboard
911 Letsby Avenue
Grozny se13 4bs
Botslavia :lol:

ps the xbox 360 was hacked 5 minutes after it was released, sony's decision to allow linux was a very shrewd move, as far as I'm aware the ps3 has remained locked down, now psp owners on the other hand, who have "unofficial" firmware etc might find themselves unable to access the psn store at some point
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby Taellik » 24 Nov 2009, 13:48

Hiya "George",

I agree on your position on individual privacy, corporate spying, and such.

Here's a link to an outstanding You Tube series about individual privacy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsxxsrn2Tfs

It's a long series of 5 min videos, but well worth your time to watch and get educated from about how we as individuals have lost our privacy in the on-line / Google era.

Taellik
PS3 80GB, FW 3.21
EyeToy II
PSP
PSP Go! Cam
Taellik
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby bonedome » 02 Dec 2009, 02:08

you are aware google owns youtube and are probably the worst culprits of personal data collection ever.
I'll check those vids out though !
The bbc did an excellent 3 part series recently about how our privacy (in the uk anyway) has been slowly eroded away and that big brother (cctv) is watching you
Britain has more cctv cameras (per head) than any other country in the world
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby ppietro » 02 Dec 2009, 04:03

bonedome wrote:Britain has more cctv cameras (per head) than any other country in the world

Yeah - and I'm using them to watch you right now. You should be ashamed!!! :wink: :lol:

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aguilarojo » 03 Dec 2009, 20:44

Taellik wrote:
...I agree on your position on individual privacy, corporate spying, and such....

It's an unfortunate reality that data and personal security/privacy are the topmost real concerns of any experienced professional. Elsewhere in this Forum I discussed one real solution which I utilize, an advanced military grade USB drive called the Iron Key; the downside of course is that one cannot utilize it within YDL. That discussion was presented here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6876&p=34972#p34972

In this thread however, I can elaborate a small bit regarding the technology associated with the Iron Key. Besides it's storage capability as long as one uses the Windows operating system here are some of the capabilities which every Iron Key provides:

• Cryptochip: Every Iron Key contains an advanced computer within it which is capable of:

• FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Validated
    • AES 256-bit Hardware Encryption
    one use of which is using Iron Key technology known as Secure Sessions and a specially designed browser so that one can communicate on the Web in complete privacy.

• Data kept on the Iron Key can also be locked into Read Only mode rendering any effort to copy and otherwise acquire data on the Iron Key without permission impossible.

This is not a complete list of all the features available within the Iron Key thru the Windows environment, but it is pretty much beyond what other portable storage devices can do. By the way, the most current Iron Key can store up to 32G.

Everything on the Earth has a purpose.
Every disease an herb to cure it.
And every person has a mission.
This is the Indian Theory of Existence.
-- Morning Dove, Salish (1888-1936)
aguilarojo
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby Taellik » 04 Dec 2009, 19:16

Yeah - and I'm using them to watch you right now. You should be ashamed!!! :wink: :lol:

Cheers,
Paul

Ashamed?

Not me :twisted:

I'm not camera shy - just be sure you have enough $$$$ for the model release if you use my image anywhere . . . .

Taellik
PS3 80GB, FW 3.21
EyeToy II
PSP
PSP Go! Cam
Taellik
ydl addict
ydl addict

Return to Speaker's Corner