Make this forum search engine friendly

Any ideas to make to board even better? Tell me!

Make this forum search engine friendly

Postby hexstar » 07 Nov 2004, 06:38

I've noticed that as guest alot of the links contain the sid attribute on them, search engines don't like those long sid tags in the url and thus many of this forum that could otherwise be indexed on search engines like google which would bring you many more members are not being indexed because of the sid tag. The main reason why search engines like google won't index parts of this forum because they have the sid tag in the url is because it seems to not be so good with long urls. You can get a more in-depth explanation of this here as well as the mod I'm about to suggest: http://www.able2know.com/forums/about15132.html - I suggest you use this mod so that your forum gets indexed by google more and more parts of it like the threads and posts get indexed as well so we get more members and thus a more friendly and act environment, you can get the mod here: http://www.able2know.com/go/?a2kjump=ht ... &view=File - instructions are inside of the compressed file for the mod - I hope you'll install this mod as it will benefit all of us in this nice yellowdog linux forum community

EDIT: I've succesfully done this mod before on a phpbb forum so I know it can be done, if you are having any problems installing this mod feel free to contact me at AIM on hexstar2004 or msn on hexstar@gmail.com and I'll gladly help you out
hexstar
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby kamika » 07 Nov 2004, 10:01

thanks.
i modified parts of the code already, as it was suggested.

greets kamika :lol:
kamika
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hexstar » 07 Nov 2004, 17:18

awesome, no problem
hexstar
ydl addict
ydl addict

Return to Board improvement