Good to see the board up and running again ...

Any ideas to make to board even better? Tell me!

Good to see the board up and running again ...

Postby billb » 29 Jul 2008, 04:27

Suggestions for improvement? Well ... having an active admin is a great start! ;) More moderators would be good (I've been the only active moderator for a while now, and only in the PS3 sub-forum). Paul (ppietro) would be a good choice. :D

Having a moderator in the other sub-forums would be good -- that way a sticky post could be in each of the sub-forums to help answer common questions. And some changes / additions to the sub-forums could help. While yellowdog-board.com has been down I've put up an alternate forum mainly focused on the PS3 / YDL:

http://forums.ps3bodega.com/

I'll most likely leave that up and running, but I wanted to mention it as an example of how I think the sub-forums could allow for better organization.

Thanks!
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Good to see the board up and running again ...

Postby crankwalk » 30 Jul 2008, 22:00

Haha, just wanted to say goodness for your blog. I ran across the Java tutorial there when the YDL board was down and it was just what I was looking for. To show you my luck, the YDL board crashed two days after I first installed YDL. I had been trolling google cache (which doesn't always work) for remnants of the YDL board. I wish I'd have seen your forums sooner though! I'll have to check them out.
crankwalk
ydl lover
ydl lover

Return to Board improvement