goodbye to my ibook g3

system irrelevant topics

goodbye to my ibook g3

Postby kamika » 19 Oct 2006, 19:43

so,
time goes by and my ibook g3 met his (hopefully now happy) new owner.

looking at current apple attitude and hardware I probably won't be owning anything mac like in the near future.

So my very minimal help in YDL related topics will even decrease. I still run linux on all my machines so if I can help I'll try.

You might have already noticed that StarKnight83 is doing the major part here and I'm very thankful for that.

greetings,
kamika
kamika
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pablo » 22 Jan 2008, 21:46

I also said goodbye to my iBook, but it is because its monitor stopped working properly, due to some weird wiring problem in the hinge. The iBook works completely flawlessly, but the monitor is just a mess. I considered selling it. So if anyone's interested, please feel free to drop me a line, it was on ebay a while back, but when someone wanted to buy it locally, I stopped the auction before anyone bid on it.

It is iBook 800 Mhz with 640MB RAM, DVD-ROM, CD-RW etc..
Running YDL 6.1 on Image 80GB PS3 Model: CECHE01 *Add your Model # / [GNOME] / Game OS 2.60
List of my Sony Stuff, Still not a fanboy.
pablo
ydl guru
ydl guru

Re:

Postby levian » 16 Sep 2009, 08:20

pablo wrote:I also said goodbye to my iBook, but it is because its monitor stopped working properly, due to some weird wiring problem in the hinge. The iBook works completely flawlessly, but the monitor is just a mess. I considered selling it. So if anyone's interested, please feel free to drop me a line, it was on ebay a while back, but when someone wanted to buy it locally, I stopped the auction before anyone bid on it.

It is iBook 800 Mhz with 640MB RAM, DVD-ROM, CD-RW etc..

ibook tend to have this problem with its monitor? i had one here in the office too. with its screen going blank every now n then. other than that, it is working fine. what OS did your ibook originially came in? knowing any other OS good enough for it?
levian
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Re:

Postby ppietro » 16 Sep 2009, 08:21

levian wrote:ibook tend to have this problem with its monitor? i had one here in the office too. with its screen going blank every now n then. other than that, it is working fine. what OS did your ibook originially came in? knowing any other OS good enough for it?

You may not get many responses here. Again - note the posting date. The last entry in this thread was 2008.

In the off chance someone might respond, I'll leave this thread open for now.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic