usb puppy linux

system irrelevant topics

usb puppy linux

Postby bonedome » 28 Jun 2009, 23:27

Hello
I just put puppy linux on a usb memory stick (less than 100Mb) using unetbootin-windows I can't believe how quick and easy it was, the hardest part was getting BIOS to boot from usb, it's also able to save settings for different computers.
unetbootin-windows has a selection of distros to choose from, I was after something small and easy to use, I tried damn small linux (50Mb) first, but quite frankly it's just too basic for me, don't get me wrong it does everything you'd expect from a 50mb distro they've even managed to put firefox on it :shock: which probably takes up half the 50mb on it's own.
Puppy linux will also prompt you to encrypt it when you shutdown, now I have linux in my pocket and I've still got about 900Mb free on my memory stick 8)
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Return to Off Topic