NCAA 10 is almost here, which camp will you be in?

system irrelevant topics

NCAA 10 is almost here, which camp will you be in?

Postby allen3 » 18 Jul 2009, 03:48

[MODERATOR EDIT: This belongs in Off Topic, not PS3. I know it's a PS3 game - but we try to keep the PS3 forum for PS3 Linux questions. Topic moved. -Paul]

We are already seeing the usual, "when will the rosters be ready" and the "when will it be patched" threads. Those seem to be a yearly thing. (But we really don't need 50 of them)

Each year you see different camps for this game. It is almost predictible what camps you'll see on the Boards in the next couple of days. There's the "we love everything about this game and if you don't you're just stupid" camp. Then there's the "We hate everything about this game and if you don't you're just stupid" camp. Then you see the "It is fun, but I think they can improve this" camp. And of course the "I didn't buy it and I know it sucks and you're all stupid who bough it" camp.

First lets talk about the "we love everything" camp. These people hate it if you say anything negative about the game. They will bounce on you for anything, even if you're being constructive. This game is their life and if you don't like it, you're just blind to the true greatness of the game. They will throw blind praise at EA and take on all who go after them. The game, flaws and all, is perfect in their eyes and if you can't see it like them then something is wrong with you.

Next is the opposite of this camp and that's the "we hate everything" camp. If you dare say anything positive about this game they pounce. They hate NCAA 10. Nothing EA tried is good enough. Nothing will ever make this group happy. They buy the game just to hate on it. the "hate" and "love" camps are true enemies. One would love to see them battle to the death, but I fear the "hate" camp would win easily. That much hate is hard to over come.

Next up is the "It is fun, but I think they can improve this" camp. This group may mix some of the last two camps, but overall want to see a better game. They always believe there is something that EA can improve on. Sure they may get upset over somethings, but they still like the game overall, but just get frustrated by the little things still not addressed. Sometimes the "love" and "hate" camps can mistake this group of realist gamers as one of them, but they aren't. Things aren't as one-side either way with them. Just want the perfect game and see no reason not to voice praise when deserved as well as critism when needed. They can sometimes get annoyed by the other camps because they aren't too extreme either way.

Last there's the "I didn't buy it and I know it sucks and you're all stupid who bough it" camp. This camp usually annoys everyone. They like to bounce on those who bought it and aren't happy. They love to troll and add nothing to the boards. A usual pharse from someone in this camp is "ha ha ha. I didn't buy it and it proves you all are fools for buying. EA sucks." They really like to troll on the "love" camp, but they jump on the "hate" camp too for actually buying the game. Most of them just love to start crap and that's the only reason they are even posting. They hate the game and EA in general so this is another chance to flame them. They most likely live in their parents basement and hate their lives so much that annoying people on the internet is a way of making them feel important.

Anyway, I was bored and figured I'd write this fun little blog to time with the release. I leave with one questions: Which camp do you fall in?

- - -
allen3
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Off Topic