YDL 4, Evolution Email, Can't Trash emails?

system irrelevant topics

YDL 4, Evolution Email, Can't Trash emails?

Postby amishman » 16 Feb 2005, 18:14

Just installed YDL 4 on my Powerbook. Setup Ximian Evolution for emailing. Sends and receives fine. Just can't empty my trash of old emails. I get an error. "Error while Expunging Folder, Error storing Local Folders/Inbox, Summary and Folder mismatch, even after a sync. So, new to Linux and YDL, how can I correct this.

Thanks

Thomas
amishman
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: YDL 4, Evolution Email, Can't Trash emails?

Postby virgule » 21 Feb 2005, 04:18

amishman wrote:Just installed YDL 4 on my Powerbook. Setup Ximian Evolution for emailing. Sends and receives fine. Just can't empty my trash of old emails. I get an error. "Error while Expunging Folder, Error storing Local Folders/Inbox, Summary and Folder mismatch, even after a sync. So, new to Linux and YDL, how can I correct this.

Thanks

Thomas

hmmm yeah.. This is a known issue. There has been some talking on this subject on the mailling lists. It has never been resolved. :?
To Be or Not To Be?? --This is NOT even a question...
virgule
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby amishman » 23 Feb 2005, 22:05

Since I just started using it, I visited the #evolution IRC room and someone there showed me how to empty the contents of all my mboxes using some echo command and then I was able to start fresh, using the mail application fine and trash would empty. So I am now running on Evolution fine. Not sure if this issue will come back but I do not plan on using it much for email so should be OK.

tj
amishman
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Ruiner54 » 26 Feb 2005, 23:45

I am having the exact same issue amishman; do you remember what you did? (also a newbie)
Standard g3 500 indigo imac
384 mb RAM
Ruiner54
ydl lover
ydl lover

Location: Sackville, New Brunswick....that's right...SACKville

Return to Off Topic