Whats up with spammers these days?

system irrelevant topics

Whats up with spammers these days?

Postby Iguana » 24 Jun 2010, 15:31

I can't help but notice since I check this site almost everyday, and it's like every other day someone spams(mainly in the General section) something about dvd burning software... Boring..
Anyways let me know what you guys think...
PS3 CECHLO1
GNOME Desktop
Yellowdog Linux 6.2
ihome keyboard
ihome gaming mouse (red)
Iguana
ydl addict
ydl addict

Re: Whats up with spammers these days?

Postby ppietro » 24 Jun 2010, 16:51

Iguana wrote:I can't help but notice since I check this site almost everyday, and it's like every other day someone spams(mainly in the General section) something about dvd burning software... Boring..
Anyways let me know what you guys think...

We get a lot of spam all the time. The reason you don't see more of it is because the site admins & I continually ban the spammers by e-mail address and retroactively delete all of their posts.

We do have some spam blocks in place - this tends to block the automated spammers - but these DVD burning folks are pretty tenacious.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Iguana » 24 Jun 2010, 17:25

OK, thanks..
I knew all that I just didn't want you admins' to make the site registration any harder, because that "Confirmation code" is really hard to get by.. :oops: :cry:
If you want you could add more questionnaires, but I don't think more questions at registration would help much...
Also, it took me almost a week to register when I fist wanted to be a part of this site, the reason it took me soo long was because of the confirmation code I always didn't get it, but a least I got lucky one day... :mrgreen:
PS3 CECHLO1
GNOME Desktop
Yellowdog Linux 6.2
ihome keyboard
ihome gaming mouse (red)
Iguana
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby Nobody » 30 Aug 2010, 02:13

u knowwhat? i know 2 othr forums i registerd with have a chat box and "what is what dvd burner or best p2p? is always ask as a question,
yup no wers safe from the spam man :cry:
NEED TO:2make ydl 6 like ps3webbrowser,but wit more computer capabilities. HELP IS NEEDED

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux ppc64; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009020516 YellowDog/3.0.6-1.ydl6.1 Firefox/3.0.6
Nobody
ydl lover
ydl lover

Return to Off Topic