*"'New to this Forum'"*

system irrelevant topics

*"'New to this Forum'"*

Postby Nobody » 09 Aug 2010, 13:21

im here only because im desprate to get answes. i been wasting all my time troubling myself with searching for answers. this is my last resort.please visit my request thread and hope to get simple easy ansers because im a very slow learner.

ps: yes, i lately installed ydl 6.2 on my ps3. y i kept other OS and not update psn firmeware? because i want to play snes on my ps3.
y waste a 4oo dollar system to play old retro games you ask? because i 'like'
lol.

Again, i know thers alot of smart people on this forum and alot of wise people on this forum.
i just want my question answerd in the easiest way. i dont want no problems

Thanks

i have a 60gb ps3 with ydl6.2, a 15 inch sdtv.
*"'PLEASE HELP MEFULFILL MY GOALS ON MY SIGNATURE'"*
NEED TO:2make ydl 6 like ps3webbrowser,but wit more computer capabilities. HELP IS NEEDED

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux ppc64; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009020516 YellowDog/3.0.6-1.ydl6.1 Firefox/3.0.6
Nobody
ydl lover
ydl lover

Re: *"'New to this Forum'"*

Postby aguilarojo » 06 Sep 2010, 00:52

Nobody wrote:im here only because im desprate to get answes. i been wasting all my time troubling myself with searching for answers. this is my last resort.please visit my request thread and hope to get simple easy ansers because im a very slow learner.

ps: yes, i lately installed ydl 6.2 on my ps3. y i kept other OS and not update psn firmeware? because i want to play snes on my ps3.
y waste a 4oo dollar system to play old retro games you ask? because i 'like'
lol.

Again, i know thers alot of smart people on this forum and alot of wise people on this forum.
i just want my question answerd in the easiest way. i dont want no problems

Thanks

i have a 60gb ps3 with ydl6.2, a 15 inch sdtv.
*"'PLEASE HELP MEFULFILL MY GOALS ON MY SIGNATURE'"*

Hi Nobody!!

Obviously there is nothing simple in Life. I don't know how you expect that any technological tool will be simple.

What I will do that is simple is equivalent to someone pointing to where one can learn the essentials regarding what is currently happening and has happened between the YDL based PS3 community and Sony. This will allow you to choose from a selection of topics which interest you and explore them in more detail for yourself. Here is that link: http://yellowdog-board.com/viewforum.php?f=19.

I hope that you will eventually come to understand that the reason nearly everything regarding the PS3 has become extremely complex is because of Sony's decision to remove the OtherOS option which allows Linux (for us, the only Linux which matters is Yellow Dog Linux) to be used while allowing you to also use Sony's network to play games and maintain other aspects of using the GameOS regularly. It is because Sony decided to remove the ability to allow Linux to co-exist on the PS3 that many PS3 users here, and elsewhere are attempting to explore, buy, research jailbreakers or other possible illegal technology to regain the ability of using Linux while having regular access to Sony's game network -- something which was legal and available not so long ago!

Simply stated Sony caused the complication, not anyone else.

As best I understand it PS3 users in response chose NOT to upgrade the Sony firmware. This decision to NOT upgrade the Sony firmware means that you will be allowed to keep your Linux (YDL) installation functional but you will be permanently locked out of any further upgrades from Sony including access to the Sony game network. You can check with PS3 users here within the YDL Board whether what I'm explaining is accurate.

I've used YDL for over 10 years using old Macs; I still do. I never moved to the Cell or the PS3 so I can't help beyond this particular explanation. Should you decide to move seriously into YDL, develop questions regarding Linux and choose to dump the GameOS (which is the requirement which Sony imposes -- not anyone here) I'll be available via the YDL Board addressing different topics.

Good Luck making your decisions!!

Besides what's living if it's not a competitive challenge; I'm very sure that Vegita (Goku's most intensive competitor) would agree. Long live Dragon Ball Z and YDL!!

All Luck and Fortune...

Everything on the Earth has a purpose.
Every disease an herb to cure it.
And every person has a mission.
This is the Indian Theory of Existence.
-- Morning Dove, Salish (1888-1936)
aguilarojo
ydl guru
ydl guru

Re: *"'New to this Forum'"*

Postby Nobody » 08 Sep 2010, 11:36

thankyou for that well stated post kind sir. many wishes and good stuff go to you and yours.
NEED TO:2make ydl 6 like ps3webbrowser,but wit more computer capabilities. HELP IS NEEDED

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux ppc64; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009020516 YellowDog/3.0.6-1.ydl6.1 Firefox/3.0.6
Nobody
ydl lover
ydl lover

Return to Off Topic