Resolution Problems ( graphic chip not recognized? )

Architecture specific questions.

Resolution Problems ( graphic chip not recognized? )

Postby zweiD » 22 Feb 2005, 15:02

Hi everyone!

I am running ydl 4.0 on my mac mini. Installation went quiet good, i don't really mind that it dosen't detected the sound chip, but i ve got a problem with X, because i only get it to run in 640x480 mode!
I tried a little bit with changes in the config file with the result that i can change the color depth, but not the resolution settings. No matter what settings i enter.
Maybe someone knows how to fix this? I would appreciate if she/he could post the right X settings.

Another question is related with this: Does 4.0.1 know the mac mini graphic chip and will it run in higher resolutions?
And also is or will there be a free download of the 4.0.1 images?

Thanks!
zweiD
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby moikorg » 10 Mar 2005, 11:41

Hello

I am using Gentoo linux for the moment and I have also a similar problem. I have Xorg working with the frame buffer driver. The maximum resolution which gives me a image on the screen is 1024*768. But I'd like to drive my LCD monitor (of course DVI) with the maximal resolution of 1600*1200.

So, does anybody have a working xorg.conf using the radeon driver with the max resolution.

thanx
Mike
moikorg
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby rgbm3 » 28 Mar 2005, 05:20

I am a bit at odds as I could not get ydl 4.0.1 installed on my new mac mini. The screen went blank and there are several PCI errors put out. I tried this on a 20 inch apple cinema and it went blank. I then tried a cheap lcd and it put up a message saying "unsupported mode".
2 questions:

What type of install did you use (e.g. full graphices, text, safe)?
Did you use a lcd or tube crt?

thanks (':?')
rgbm3
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Resolution Problems ( graphic chip not recognized? )

Postby ttclw » 13 Dec 2005, 07:27

Hi,

I got the same problem here with 640x480 resolution. Any ideas?

zweiD wrote:Hi everyone!

I am running ydl 4.0 on my mac mini. Installation went quiet good, i don't really mind that it dosen't detected the sound chip, but i ve got a problem with X, because i only get it to run in 640x480 mode!
I tried a little bit with changes in the config file with the result that i can change the color depth, but not the resolution settings. No matter what settings i enter.
Maybe someone knows how to fix this? I would appreciate if she/he could post the right X settings.

Another question is related with this: Does 4.0.1 know the mac mini graphic chip and will it run in higher resolutions?
And also is or will there be a free download of the 4.0.1 images?

Thanks!
!----------------------------
Sunny downunder.
!----------------------------
ttclw
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Mac mini