need help installing

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

need help installing

Postby flavindapple » 08 Dec 2006, 03:51

on all of the software i've tried to install i've gotten the same answer from my ps3, that it could not access the installation information or something like that and that it could be caused by no network connection. i've gotten online from the ps3. i downloaded all the software strait from the internet onto the ps3 why wont it work. is there something i'm doing wrong. i am a newbee so sorry if its a stupid question.
flavindapple
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: need help installing

Postby dLp » 08 Dec 2006, 04:27

flavindapple wrote:on all of the software i've tried to install i've gotten the same answer from my ps3, that it could not access the installation information or something like that and that it could be caused by no network connection. i've gotten online from the ps3. i downloaded all the software strait from the internet onto the ps3 why wont it work. is there something i'm doing wrong. i am a newbee so sorry if its a stupid question.

downloading onto the ps3 wont help you. you need to download the iso file on your computer, then burn to a dvd. the otheros files need to be loaded onto the ps3 by a thumb drive or other external drive (external hdd, or i think a memory card may work as well... not sure on that. thumb drive is the best option though) follow the instructions in the "install_guide.pdf" in teh same directory as the iso you downloaded.
ps3 + ydl = FTW
dLp
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby onefang » 26 Dec 2006, 21:19

I think flavindapple had YDL installed on his PS3, he was just running up against a known issue, the broken yum setup on the initial isos.

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/suppo ... /yum.shtml has all the information about how to fix this.
onefang
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Playstation 3