QT/compile problems (attempting MythTV install)

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

QT/compile problems (attempting MythTV install)

Postby Verbatim9 » 03 Jan 2007, 05:43

I'm attempting to turn my PS3 into a MythTV frontend--not sure how well it will handle HD video, but I want to give it a try and see how it does...it should be possible, at least in theory, since the PS3 either has enough CPU power to decode mp2 and h.264/mp4, or has hardware decoders for them, as they're required for blu-ray playback (if it's the latter, I'll probably end up up the creek w/o a driver, but I've got to give it a try--the component-out is so much higher quality on the PS3 than it is on my computer).

When I try to build MythTV, though, it runs into some dependency problems--apparently QT isn't fully installed...the directory structure shows up if you "find / -iname qt", so I tried creating the $QTDIR variable, and adding .../qt-3.3/bin to my path, but it turns out qmake is missing, the qt-3.3/bin directory is completely empty...which makes it impossible to build MythTV...

Is there any way to get QT fully installed on YDL?
Verbatim9
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby thedevilsjester » 04 Jan 2007, 00:45

You can try to uninstall QT via yum, and then reinstall it. Maybe YDL's preinstalled QT's settings got broken. If that fails, uninstall it and compile it from source.

As for enough power, you forget that YDL does not have access to the full CPU. Only 6 cores are available, and I do not know about the 'main' cpu.

Not only that, but YDL (the software that makes up YDL) is _not_ optimized for the Cell processor yet.

Other then that, I have a friend that wants me to get MythTV working for that very same reason (before he will buy a PS3), so if you manage it, post your results.
thedevilsjester
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Postby StarKnight83 » 05 Jan 2007, 04:12

actually you need to install the dev packages (development) find the dev-qt or qt-dev builds that should aleviate the qt problems
Til our paths cross again
StarKnight83

Return to Playstation 3