Where is the Xconfig file loacted for Yellow Dog?

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Where is the Xconfig file loacted for Yellow Dog?

Postby gokujohn » 05 Jan 2007, 23:51

I need to add just one line to this

Load "GLX"

to see if it is possible to run a non Graphics card dependant hardware accelerated graphics program on the ps3.This is supposed to help emulate openGL from what I understand on static machines with no hardware acceleartion for a 3d suite called blender, but i cant find the orignial xconfig file for yellow dog. I type it in search but after 5 minutes of searching there are no files that pop up, instead the search que is empty. Please help, thanks in advanvce for any help.
gokujohn
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby thedevilsjester » 05 Jan 2007, 23:58

As far as I am aware you need to run the xconfiguration (or similar) program that you can get from the YDL site (look for the topic "run YDL on SDTV") and that generates an xorg.conf file.
thedevilsjester
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Postby jerryyyyy » 06 Jan 2007, 02:48

Good luck. It is usually in /etc/X11.

FYI, I cannot get mine to do dual screens.
jerryyyyy
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Re: Where is the Xconfig file loacted for Yellow Dog?

Postby bram » 06 Jan 2007, 12:37

gokujohn wrote:I need to add just one line to this

Load "GLX"

to see if it is possible to run a non Graphics card dependant hardware accelerated graphics program on the ps3.This is supposed to help emulate openGL from what I understand on static machines with no hardware acceleartion for a 3d suite called blender, but i cant find the orignial xconfig file for yellow dog. I type it in search but after 5 minutes of searching there are no files that pop up, instead the search que is empty. Please help, thanks in advanvce for any help.

What I did:
run Xautoconfig
then you can edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Beware though: Mesa 6.4.x has a bug in glPopAttribs that causes e.g. plib based apps to crash. Flightgears, torcs, etc will not work.
bram
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Playstation 3