SNESx9

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

SNESx9

Postby boognish » 22 Jan 2007, 19:03

helllo all i have been out here reading the forums for weeks now. and i have finally been verified by the board. I know windows and i justed started some classes for programming at school. And now i am trying to get linux down. i am running ydl 5.0 off the mirrors. and i have fixed my YUM.

Beyond that i feel comfortable with the desktop and a littlle shakey on installs.

i have downloaded multipe programs that i feel should be supported
Gnomad2 -- for sync ing with my Creative Labs Zen Vision M
SNESx9 -- for playing nes games (futher discusion concerns this)

i have downloaded and extracted but when the installer comes up it talks about not having depositroies or something.
the folder is at /home/Nick/Desktop/usr/

any help would be greatly appreciated
on to school where maybe my teacher will know.
thanks
nick
boognish
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: SNESx9

Postby Nobody » 27 Aug 2010, 04:21

wow
no one has answerd your question in months?
hopefully theyl b able2, then answer mines

IS ITS FORUM POLICY TO ATLEAST ANSWER EVER QUESTION ON THE FORUM?
NEED TO:2make ydl 6 like ps3webbrowser,but wit more computer capabilities. HELP IS NEEDED

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux ppc64; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009020516 YellowDog/3.0.6-1.ydl6.1 Firefox/3.0.6
Nobody
ydl lover
ydl lover

Re: SNESx9

Postby ppietro » 27 Aug 2010, 06:46

Nobody wrote:IS ITS FORUM POLICY TO AT LEAST ANSWER EVERY QUESTION ON THE FORUM?

Actually - no. It's just our policy to READ every question on the forum, and only to answer if we know the answer.

I'll explain.

When you spend enough time in Linux, you learn that wrong information is far worse than no information at all. Unlike Windows, mistakes in Linux can render your system unrecoverable, and you'll lose all of your data and have to start over.

So - it's an unspoken rule here, but we try not to post unless we're fairly certain of the answer, or need more information to get you the answer.

If no one responds to you, this means that no one feels confident enough in their knowledge to post a response. It's better to be silent than wrong.

When this happens - and it will happen - I usually suggest trying the following:

1. Give a polite bump to your original question. This board is volunteer driven - none of us are paid by Fixstars/Yellow Dog. Since we do have to allocate time to the forums from the responsibilities in our regular life, there is a very remote chance that we may have missed your post. However - with the forum's "View New Posts" feature, this is highly unlikely.

A polite bump - with possibly some more pertinent information about your problem - is acceptable. Double posting (posting your question multiple places on the forum) or topic piggybacking (adding your question to other folk's posts, relevant or not) is UNACCEPTABLE, and will result in the thread being locked - or worse.

2. Trying other sources on the web. Google can be your friend here. There are many other Linux forums and many other people out there. You may find a solution elsewhere. In this case, we'd ask that you answer your original question with your solution. This way, we can learn too.

3. Going to a bookstore, asking other Linux users, or joining a local Linux User Group - in other words, trying real world research.

I hope this helps set your forum expectations accordingly. :D

For further reading, I highly recommend these two articles:

http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm

and

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. Also - there was a glitch in our forums a couple of years ago, and many posts were lost. This post may have been answered, but due to the glitch, the answer was lost.

P.P.S. This topic is now locked. :D
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Playstation 3