Wireless tips and tricks for YDL 6.1

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Re: Wireless tips and tricks for YDL 6.1

Postby snodgrss1984 » 27 Feb 2009, 03:38

im pretty sure you can search wicd on google and once you find a good site download it to your desktop when it is in that directory look at my extremely long annoying post about enable encryption remember im a noob too ppietro rules and billb
snodgrss1984
ydl lover
ydl lover

Postby ppietro » 27 Feb 2009, 18:35

snodgrss1984 wrote:im pretty sure you can search wicd on google and once you find a good site download it to your desktop when it is in that directory look at my extremely long annoying post about enable encryption remember im a noob too ppietro rules and billb

Rather than doing that, the patch is listed in the first post of this thread. :D

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Schorsch » 02 Mar 2009, 10:30

Scenario 3 (WPA2, replaced the wicd file) worked for me. Great tutorial, thank you!! :D
Schorsch
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby orfeo » 02 Mar 2009, 16:27

hi... I already installed YDL on my ps3, I have internet wireless but it doesnt work.. there is any way to make it work.. or i have to install again YDL and follow the steps that you have posted... Please... i really need help.. thanks a lot :)
orfeo
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 02 Mar 2009, 17:46

orfeo wrote:hi... I already installed YDL on my ps3, I have internet wireless but it doesnt work.. there is any way to make it work.. or i have to install again YDL and follow the steps that you have posted... Please... i really need help.. thanks a lot :)

If you have YDL 6.1, scenarios 2 & 3 at the very top of this post do not require re-installation.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Toploader » 02 Mar 2009, 18:53

Thank you so much Paul and everyone else, the step by steps got me up and running within a few mins. Only thing that caught me out was I was missing the all important spaces in the command lines at first :roll:
Toploader
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Nuche7 » 05 Mar 2009, 11:11

I have everything working, internet and all. However I am only able to load google based pages. All other paged just say at the left bottom corner "waiting for www. _____.com" Any suggestions???
Nuche7
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby pennstatefan1993 » 06 Mar 2009, 01:43

"If you type everything correctly, it will ask you to overwrite - go ahead".

How exactly do you tell it to overwrite when it askes you? do you type y......yes or what? I have never used any form of linux before and just downloaded YDL today.
pennstatefan1993
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Aeuniko » 06 Mar 2009, 12:31

I have to thank you, too for this great guide!
I'm on Scenario 3 but first it didn't worked for me so here is a information which might be useful for some of you guys.
My Wicd didn't get a connection, everytime it stopped on PSK-authentication or while trying to obtain an IP address.
My network was a hidden one (no SSID broadcast), but Wicd found upon entering it in the dialog box within the "network"-tab.

In my case with my router (AVM Fritz!Fon 7150) I had to deactivate the hidden SSID broadcasting. After I've done that finally the connection was successful.
Aeuniko
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby NinjaHoran » 28 Mar 2009, 16:03

I just registered on the forum.
I am really a terrible poster but I just wanted to thank the author of this thread, as well as this community for helping me set up my wireless connection. Since spamming each thread that I've used would be too much of a hassle I will only post my thank you here.
So: THANK YOU

/J
NinjaHoran
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Gnat Bites » 09 Apr 2009, 18:04

Ello :D

'opefully someone will be able to sort me out...

I succesfully installed YDL 6.1 on my PS3 today, followed one of your guides and everything went swimmingly... However, i'm having a bit of gripe with setting up my wireless connection.

I've entered all of the relevant criteria in the proper places (as far as I know) and i'm successfully connect to my router.

BUT.. although i'm connected, it says that i'm "connected to Livebox-CD30 at 0%" and each attempt at an internet search results in the server timing out :(

Does this problem ring any bells with anyone? Is there a fix for it?

Ta
oof me 'ed 'urts
Gnat Bites
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 09 Apr 2009, 19:56

Gnat Bites wrote:BUT.. although i'm connected, it says that i'm "connected to Livebox-CD30 at 0%" and each attempt at an internet search results in the server timing out :(

Does this problem ring any bells with anyone? Is there a fix for it?

This sounds like an improper patch. Which version of wicd are you using and which patch did you install?

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gnat Bites » 09 Apr 2009, 22:29

Thanks Paul

It's version 1.5.3 if memory serves me correctly... although i'm afraid to say i'm yet to install one of the patches. I'm in need of familiarising myself with some basiic fundamentals first... such as getting the Linux OS to recognise my flash drive. Probably the simplest of tasks for you lot but alas, my noggin is far less savvy in these things.

So here's where I am... I think..

I need to get my USB device recognised then determine which patch I need and how to intall it properly.

Thanks again for any help :)
oof me 'ed 'urts
Gnat Bites
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 10 Apr 2009, 00:31

Gnat Bites wrote:Thanks Paul

It's version 1.5.3 if memory serves me correctly... although i'm afraid to say i'm yet to install one of the patches. I'm in need of familiarising myself with some basiic fundamentals first... such as getting the Linux OS to recognise my flash drive. Probably the simplest of tasks for you lot but alas, my noggin is far less savvy in these things.

So here's where I am... I think..

I need to get my USB device recognised then determine which patch I need and how to intall it properly.

Thanks again for any help :)

Yeah - with the PS3 - if you don't apply the patch to wicd - it won't work.

You'll want the patch listed at the very start of this thread - in my first post.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gnat Bites » 10 Apr 2009, 07:09

Argh! I'm having a few issues with this!

I'm attempting to follow the step by step guide for installing the patch but...
I don't seem to have the option to extract the downloaded file (file.php) to my desktop. I can either "run in terminal", "Display", "Cancel" or "Run"

The file simply shows up in the flash drive window as "file.php". Is this correct? If so then how do I extract it?

Grah!

oof me 'ed 'urts
Gnat Bites
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Playstation 3