Messed up video resolution! Please Help!

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Messed up video resolution! Please Help!

Postby NJT_loco » 15 Mar 2009, 19:15

First, let me state I am a total newb at this linux stuff, but figured I would give it a try anyway.

I successfully installed linux, got it to automatically load, and few other things. I decided to try and fix the overscan and blackborder, bad idea. After editing my /etc/yaboot.conf file incorrectly, everytime YDL boots, the screen is all messed up and does not display anything but white lines. I realize I obviously screwed up pretty bad when I edited the /etc/yaboot.conf file.

Before YDL automatically boots up, I get a chance to enter information at the kboot: prompt.

Question1: Can I edit the /etc/yaboot.conf from this prompt?
Question2: If so, how do I edit this file?

I have a copy of what my old /etc/yaboot.conf file looked like but I can not get back into this file to edit it. My only hope is to be able to edit it from this kboot: prompt, otherwise if I let it go past this prompt and load on its own, the video becomes messed up and I can not see anything.

[MODERATOR EDIT: already answered your PM (use boot recovery method linked in README post) -- locking this topic to avoid anyone else spending time on it. billb ]
NJT_loco
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Playstation 3