Mplayer-ps3 ( FOR PRACTICAL USE )

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Re: Mplayer-ps3 ( FOR PRACTICAL USE )

Postby superryu » 28 Feb 2010, 16:51

I remember if it was biilb who tried to run MPLAYER-PS3 without the ASS/SSA support.... so does this mean subtitles can work with this (like *.SRT or *.SUB or SSA/ASS)???
(hehehe... still hoping subtitles can work full-screen with this MPLAYER-PS3 :mrgreen: )
superryu
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Jaybps3 » 06 Mar 2010, 03:58

ppietro wrote:Paul's spanking new, updated build post - now with 20% more sparkle!!! :D

1. Install Mplayer codecs to /usr/local/lib/codecs
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.h ... ary_codecs
This is a simple archive of codecs - use the PPC archive, and expand and copy the contents to /usr/local/lib/codecs however you like.

2. Open a terminal window, and make a directory to build mplayer-ps3 in:
mkdir mplayer-ps3
cd mplayer-ps3

3. Checkout latest build from svn in this directory:
svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
This will create an mplayer subdirectory with the latest source code.

A version that works:
svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk@30631 mplayer

4. Download latest patch file:
http://proxima.isp.tula.ru:20080/mplaye ... -30099.zip
and put it NEXT to the mplayer directory svn created in the step above. In my examples, this would be the mplayer-ps3 directory.

5. Expand zip archive. It will copy a number of files into mplayer directory automatically.
unzip mplayer-ps3-patch-30099.zip

6. Change working directory to the mplayer build directory:
cd mplayer

7. Patch the current mplayer source with the mplayer-ps3 patch:
patch -p0 < 30099.diff

8. You will need to reconcile the patch by editing configure - one segment will fail. Luckily, it's a two line change, according to configure.rej. Here's the change:

Original configure:
Code: Select all
  --enable-vesa)        _vesa=yes       ;;
  --disable-vesa)       _vesa=no        ;;
  --enable-fbdev)       _fbdev=yes      ;;
  --disable-fbdev)      _fbdev=no       ;;
  --enable-dvb)         _dvb=yes        ;;
  --disable-dvb)        _dvb=no         ;;
  --enable-dvbhead)     _dvbhead=yes    ;;
  --disable-dvbhead)    _dvbhead=no     ;;

Make it like this by adding the --enable-ps3 and --disable-ps3 lines:
  --enable-vesa)        _vesa=yes       ;;
  --disable-vesa)       _vesa=no        ;;
  --enable-fbdev)       _fbdev=yes      ;;
  --disable-fbdev)      _fbdev=no       ;;
  --enable-ps3)         _ps3=yes        ;;
  --disable-ps3)        _ps3=no         ;;
  --enable-dvb)         _dvb=yes        ;;
  --disable-dvb)        _dvb=no         ;;
  --enable-dvbhead)     _dvbhead=yes    ;;
  --disable-dvbhead)    _dvbhead=no     ;;

Use your favorite editor - vi, gedit, emacs, etc. - to make this change.

9. In the same mplayer directory, create a folder called spu-medialib and place copies of spu_control.h & yuv2argb_scaler.h in there:

mkdir spu-medialib
cp ../spu_scaler/spu-medialib/spu_control.h spu-medialib
cp ../spu_scaler/yuv2argb_scaler.h spu-medialib

You can find both of those files in the spu_scaler folder that's created in the unzip archive of step 5. The spu_scaler folder will be next to the mplayer folder.

10. Configure the build
./configure --enable-ps3

I had to add the --enable-ps3 because I wasn't convinced the autodetect logic was working without spu-medialib installed. It appeared that configure was looking for some hardcoded folders to tell, even though the dependencies on these folders were eliminated.

11. Build it!
make

12. Switch to root and install it:
su
make install

This will place an mplayer binary in /usr/local/bin. From there, you can test it by invoking it with the -vo ps3 command. e.g.:
/usr/local/bin/mplayer -vo ps3 filename_of_your_movie

That's all I got! I didn't even try building the GUI, etc. Sleep beckoned - it was 5:00 AM when I logged off for the night. :D

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. This is not required, but I'm keeping it here just case. You don't need to do this - I just built it without it. :D

-----------------------------

Install libps3fb:
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=9110

NOTE: I'm not sure if this is necessary or not. I saw an mplayer build tutorial that claimed it was, and since it has low system impact, I installed it. We can try a build without it, and see how that works. For now, leave it in.

I attempted to follow this guide to build mplayer-ps3 and it made it through configure fine, but when I ran make, the build failed!

gcc -o mplayer command.o m_property.o mixer.o mp_fifo.o mp_msg.o mplayer.o parser-mpcmd.o input/input.o libao2/ao_mpegpes.o libao2/ao_null.o libao2/ao_pcm.o libao2/audio_out.o libvo/aspect.o libvo/geometry.o libvo/spuenc.o libvo/video_out.o libvo/vo_mpegpes.o libvo/vo_null.o libao2/ao_alsa.o libao2/ao_arts.o libvo/vo_caca.o libvo/vo_dga.o libao2/ao_esd.o libvo/vo_fbdev.o libvo/vo_fbdev2.o libvo/vo_gif89a.o libvo/gl_common.o libvo/vo_gl.o libvo/vo_gl2.o libvo/csputils.o libvo/x11_common.o libvo/vo_matrixview.o libvo/matrixview.o gui/bitmap.o gui/app.o gui/cfg.o gui/interface.o gui/mplayer/gui_common.o gui/mplayer/menu.o gui/mplayer/mw.o gui/mplayer/pb.o gui/mplayer/play.o gui/mplayer/sw.o gui/mplayer/widgets.o gui/mplayer/gtk/about.o gui/mplayer/gtk/eq.o gui/mplayer/gtk/fs.o gui/mplayer/gtk/gtk_common.o gui/mplayer/gtk/gtk_menu.o gui/mplayer/gtk/gtk_url.o gui/mplayer/gtk/mb.o gui/mplayer/gtk/opts.o gui/mplayer/gtk/pl.o gui/mplayer/gtk/sb.o gui/skin/cut.o gui/skin/font.o gui/skin/skin.o gui/wm/ws.o gui/wm/wsxdnd.o libao2/ao_jack.o libvo/vo_jpeg.o libvo/vo_png.o input/lirc.o libvo/vo_md5sum.o libao2/ao_openal.o libao2/ao_oss.o libvo/vo_pnm.o libvo/vo_ps3.o libao2/ao_sdl.o libvo/vo_sdl.o libvo/vo_tga.o libvo/vo_v4l2.o libao2/ao_v4l2.o libvo/vo_cvidix.o libvo/vosub_vidix.o vidix/vidix.o vidix/drivers.o vidix/dha.o vidix/mtrr.o vidix/pci.o vidix/pci_names.o vidix/pci_dev_ids.o vidix/mach64_vid.o vidix/mga_vid.o vidix/mga_crtc2_vid.o vidix/nvidia_vid.o vidix/pm2_vid.o vidix/pm3_vid.o vidix/radeon_vid.o vidix/rage128_vid.o libvo/vo_x11.o libvo/vo_xover.o libvo/vo_xv.o libvo/vo_xvidix.o libvo/vo_yuv4mpeg.o libvo/spu_scaler.o asxparser.o codec-cfg.o cpudetect.o edl.o find_sub.o fmt-conversion.o get_path.o m_config.o m_option.o m_struct.o mpcommon.o parser-cfg.o playtree.o playtreeparser.o spudec.o sub_cc.o subopt-helper.o subreader.o vobsub.o libaf/af.o libaf/af_center.o libaf/af_channels.o libaf/af_comp.o libaf/af_delay.o libaf/af_dummy.o libaf/af_equalizer.o libaf/af_extrastereo.o libaf/af_format.o libaf/af_gate.o libaf/af_hrtf.o libaf/af_karaoke.o libaf/af_pan.o libaf/af_resample.o libaf/af_scaletempo.o libaf/af_sinesuppress.o libaf/af_stats.o libaf/af_sub.o libaf/af_surround.o libaf/af_sweep.o libaf/af_tools.o libaf/af_volnorm.o libaf/af_volume.o libaf/filter.o libaf/format.o libaf/reorder_ch.o libaf/window.o libmpcodecs/ad.o libmpcodecs/ad_alaw.o libmpcodecs/ad_dk3adpcm.o libmpcodecs/ad_dvdpcm.o libmpcodecs/ad_hwac3.o libmpcodecs/ad_hwmpa.o libmpcodecs/ad_imaadpcm.o libmpcodecs/ad_msadpcm.o libmpcodecs/ad_msgsm.o libmpcodecs/ad_pcm.o libmpcodecs/dec_audio.o libmpcodecs/dec_teletext.o libmpcodecs/dec_video.o libmpcodecs/img_format.o libmpcodecs/mp_image.o libmpcodecs/native/xa_gsm.o libmpcodecs/pullup.o libmpcodecs/vd.o libmpcodecs/vd_hmblck.o libmpcodecs/vd_lzo.o libmpcodecs/vd_mpegpes.o libmpcodecs/vd_mtga.o libmpcodecs/vd_null.o libmpcodecs/vd_raw.o libmpcodecs/vd_sgi.o libmpcodecs/vf.o libmpcodecs/vf_1bpp.o libmpcodecs/vf_2xsai.o libmpcodecs/vf_blackframe.o libmpcodecs/vf_boxblur.o libmpcodecs/vf_crop.o libmpcodecs/vf_cropdetect.o libmpcodecs/vf_decimate.o libmpcodecs/vf_delogo.o libmpcodecs/vf_denoise3d.o libmpcodecs/vf_detc.o libmpcodecs/vf_dint.o libmpcodecs/vf_divtc.o libmpcodecs/vf_down3dright.o libmpcodecs/vf_dsize.o libmpcodecs/vf_dvbscale.o libmpcodecs/vf_eq.o libmpcodecs/vf_eq2.o libmpcodecs/vf_expand.o libmpcodecs/vf_field.o libmpcodecs/vf_fil.o libmpcodecs/vf_filmdint.o libmpcodecs/vf_flip.o libmpcodecs/vf_format.o libmpcodecs/vf_framestep.o libmpcodecs/vf_gradfun.o libmpcodecs/vf_halfpack.o libmpcodecs/vf_harddup.o libmpcodecs/vf_hqdn3d.o libmpcodecs/vf_hue.o libmpcodecs/vf_il.o libmpcodecs/vf_ilpack.o libmpcodecs/vf_ivtc.o libmpcodecs/vf_kerndeint.o libmpcodecs/vf_mirror.o libmpcodecs/vf_noformat.o libmpcodecs/vf_noise.o libmpcodecs/vf_ow.o libmpcodecs/vf_palette.o libmpcodecs/vf_perspective.o libmpcodecs/vf_phase.o libmpcodecs/vf_pp7.o libmpcodecs/vf_pullup.o libmpcodecs/vf_rectangle.o libmpcodecs/vf_remove_logo.o libmpcodecs/vf_rgb2bgr.o libmpcodecs/vf_rgbtest.o libmpcodecs/vf_rotate.o libmpcodecs/vf_sab.o libmpcodecs/vf_scale.o libmpcodecs/vf_smartblur.o libmpcodecs/vf_softpulldown.o libmpcodecs/vf_softskip.o libmpcodecs/vf_swapuv.o libmpcodecs/vf_telecine.o libmpcodecs/vf_test.o libmpcodecs/vf_tfields.o libmpcodecs/vf_tile.o libmpcodecs/vf_tinterlace.o libmpcodecs/vf_unsharp.o libmpcodecs/vf_vo.o libmpcodecs/vf_yadif.o libmpcodecs/vf_yuvcsp.o libmpcodecs/vf_yuy2.o libmpcodecs/vf_yvu9.o libmpdemux/aac_hdr.o libmpdemux/asfheader.o libmpdemux/aviheader.o libmpdemux/aviprint.o libmpdemux/demuxer.o libmpdemux/demux_aac.o libmpdemux/demux_asf.o libmpdemux/demux_audio.o libmpdemux/demux_avi.o libmpdemux/demux_demuxers.o libmpdemux/demux_film.o libmpdemux/demux_fli.o libmpdemux/demux_lmlm4.o libmpdemux/demux_mf.o libmpdemux/demux_mkv.o libmpdemux/demux_mov.o libmpdemux/demux_mpg.o libmpdemux/demux_nsv.o libmpdemux/demux_pva.o libmpdemux/demux_rawaudio.o libmpdemux/demux_rawvideo.o libmpdemux/demux_realaud.o libmpdemux/demux_real.o libmpdemux/demux_roq.o libmpdemux/demux_smjpeg.o libmpdemux/demux_ts.o libmpdemux/demux_ty.o libmpdemux/demux_ty_osd.o libmpdemux/demux_viv.o libmpdemux/demux_vqf.o libmpdemux/demux_y4m.o libmpdemux/ebml.o libmpdemux/extension.o libmpdemux/mf.o libmpdemux/mp3_hdr.o libmpdemux/mp_taglists.o libmpdemux/mpeg_hdr.o libmpdemux/mpeg_packetizer.o libmpdemux/parse_es.o libmpdemux/parse_mp4.o libmpdemux/video.o libmpdemux/yuv4mpeg.o libmpdemux/yuv4mpeg_ratio.o libvo/osd.o libvo/sub.o osdep/getch2.o osdep/timer-linux.o stream/open.o stream/stream.o stream/stream_cue.o stream/stream_file.o stream/stream_mf.o stream/stream_null.o stream/url.o stream/ai_alsa1x.o stream/ai_oss.o libvo/font_load.o stream/stream_cdda.o stream/cdinfo.o stream/stream_cddb.o stream/dvb_tune.o stream/stream_dvb.o stream/stream_dvdnav.o libdvdnav/dvdnav.o libdvdnav/highlight.o libdvdnav/navigation.o libdvdnav/read_cache.o libdvdnav/remap.o libdvdnav/searching.o libdvdnav/settings.o libdvdnav/vm/decoder.o libdvdnav/vm/vm.o libdvdnav/vm/vmcmd.o stream/stream_dvd.o stream/stream_dvd_common.o libdvdread4/bitreader.o libdvdread4/dvd_input.o libdvdread4/dvd_reader.o libdvdread4/dvd_udf.o libdvdread4/ifo_print.o libdvdread4/ifo_read.o libdvdread4/md5.o libdvdread4/nav_print.o libdvdread4/nav_read.o libmpcodecs/ad_faad.o libfaad2/bits.o libfaad2/cfft.o libfaad2/common.o libfaad2/decoder.o libfaad2/drc.o libfaad2/drm_dec.o libfaad2/error.o libfaad2/filtbank.o libfaad2/hcr.o libfaad2/huffman.o libfaad2/ic_predict.o libfaad2/is.o libfaad2/lt_predict.o libfaad2/mdct.o libfaad2/mp4.o libfaad2/ms.o libfaad2/output.o libfaad2/pns.o libfaad2/ps_dec.o libfaad2/ps_syntax.o libfaad2/pulse.o libfaad2/rvlc.o libfaad2/sbr_dct.o libfaad2/sbr_dec.o libfaad2/sbr_e_nf.o libfaad2/sbr_fbt.o libfaad2/sbr_hfadj.o libfaad2/sbr_hfgen.o libfaad2/sbr_huff.o libfaad2/sbr_qmf.o libfaad2/sbr_syntax.o libfaad2/sbr_tf_grid.o libfaad2/specrec.o libfaad2/ssr.o libfaad2/ssr_fb.o libfaad2/ssr_ipqf.o libfaad2/syntax.o libfaad2/tns.o libvo/aclib.o libvo/font_load_ft.o stream/stream_ftp.o libmpdemux/demux_gif.o libmpcodecs/vf_bmovl.o libaf/af_export.o osdep/mmap_anon.o libmpcodecs/vd_ijpg.o libmpcodecs/ad_liba52.o libmpcodecs/vf_ass.o libass/ass_mp.o libass/ass.o libass/ass_bitmap.o libass/ass_cache.o libass/ass_drawing.o libass/ass_font.o libass/ass_fontconfig.o libass/ass_library.o libass/ass_parse.o libass/ass_render.o libass/ass_strtod.o libass/ass_utils.o av_opts.o libaf/af_lavcresample.o libmpcodecs/ad_ffmpeg.o libmpcodecs/vd_ffmpeg.o libmpcodecs/vf_lavc.o libmpcodecs/vf_lavcdeint.o libmpcodecs/vf_screenshot.o libaf/af_lavcac3enc.o libmpcodecs/vf_fspp.o libmpcodecs/vf_geq.o libmpcodecs/vf_mcdeint.o libmpcodecs/vf_qp.o libmpcodecs/vf_spp.o libmpcodecs/vf_uspp.o libmpdemux/demux_lavf.o stream/stream_ffmpeg.o libdvdcss/css.o libdvdcss/device.o libdvdcss/error.o libdvdcss/ioctl.o libdvdcss/libdvdcss.o libmpcodecs/ad_libmad.o libmpcodecs/vd_libmpeg2.o libmpeg2/alloc.o libmpeg2/cpu_accel.o libmpeg2/cpu_state.o libmpeg2/decode.o libmpeg2/header.o libmpeg2/idct.o libmpeg2/motion_comp.o libmpeg2/slice.o libmpeg2/idct_altivec.o libmpeg2/motion_comp_altivec.o libmpcodecs/vf_pp.o stream/stream_smb.o libmpdemux/demux_rtp.o libmpdemux/demux_rtp_codec.o stream/stream_live555.o libmpdemux/demux_mng.o libmpcodecs/ad_mp3lib.o mp3lib/sr1.o mp3lib/dct64_altivec.o libmpcodecs/ad_mpc.o libmpdemux/demux_mpc.o stream/stream_rtsp.o stream/freesdp/common.o stream/freesdp/errorlist.o stream/freesdp/parser.o stream/librtsp/rtsp.o stream/librtsp/rtsp_rtp.o stream/librtsp/rtsp_session.o osdep/shmem.o stream/stream_netstream.o stream/asf_mmst_streaming.o stream/asf_streaming.o stream/cookies.o stream/http.o stream/network.o stream/pnm.o stream/rtp.o stream/udp.o stream/tcp.o stream/stream_rtp.o stream/stream_udp.o stream/realrtsp/asmrp.o stream/realrtsp/real.o stream/realrtsp/rmff.o stream/realrtsp/sdpplin.o stream/realrtsp/xbuffer.o libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.o stream/stream_pvr.o libmpcodecs/ad_realaud.o libmpcodecs/vd_realvid.o libmpcodecs/ad_speex.o stream/cache2.o tremor/bitwise.o tremor/block.o tremor/codebook.o tremor/floor0.o tremor/floor1.o tremor/framing.o tremor/info.o tremor/mapping0.o tremor/mdct.o tremor/registry.o tremor/res012.o tremor/sharedbook.o tremor/synthesis.o tremor/window.o stream/stream_tv.o stream/tv.o stream/frequencies.o stream/tvi_dummy.o stream/tvi_v4l.o stream/audio_in.o stream/tvi_v4l2.o unrar_exec.o stream/stream_vcd.o libmpcodecs/ad_libvorbis.o libmpdemux/demux_ogg.o libmpcodecs/vd_xanim.o libmpcodecs/vd_xvid4.o libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/libpostproc.a libswscale/libswscale.a -Wl,-z,noexecstack  -ffast-math   -lncurses -lsmbclient -lpng -lz -lmng -lz -ljpeg -lungif -lasound -ldl -lpthread -lcdda_interface -lcdda_paranoia -lfreetype -lz -lfribidi -lz -lbz2 -lmad -lspeex -la52 -lmpcdec -lliveMedia -lgroupsock -lUsageEnvironment -lBasicUsageEnvironment -lstdc++ -lxvidcore -lm -ldirac_encoder -ldirac_decoder -lstdc++   -lschroedinger-1.0 -lpthread -loil-0.3 -lm -lrt   -lpthread -ldl -rdynamic -L/usr/lib -L/lib -L/usr/lib  -lm  -lXext -lX11 -lpthread -lXss -lXv -lXinerama -lXxf86vm -lXxf86dga -lcaca -lspe2 -lGL -ldl -lSDL -lartsc -lpthread -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lesd -laudiofile -lm -ljack -lopenal -lmp3lame -rdynamic -lgmodule -ldl -lgtk -lgdk -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm -lglib -lglib -llirc_client
gcc: libvo/vo_ps3.o: No such file or directory
gcc: libvo/spu_scaler.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

You must also copy the libvo/vo_ps3.c and libvo/spu_scaler.o to the libvo directory of mplayer also in order for this to work. Also your build doesn't include the mplayer-mt support? I see no mention of it in this guide. I downloaded ffmpeg-mt and copied the avcodec, avformat and avutil over from ffmpeg-mt and replaced the mplayer source and patched in the ps3 as described above. It built successfully, I am about to test it if it works, I'll build an rpm for auto install via yum!
60GB PS3 (CECHA01) upgraded HDD 160gb, 40" Sony Bravia, Ydl 6 and plenty of other goodies :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/jaybps3
Jaybps3
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby ppietro » 06 Mar 2010, 09:21

Jaybps3 wrote:I attempted to follow this guide to build mplayer-ps3 and it made it through configure fine, but when I ran make, the build failed!

8< snip >8

You must also copy the libvo/vo_ps3.c and libvo/spu_scaler.o to the libvo directory of mplayer also in order for this to work. Also your build doesn't include the mplayer-mt support? I see no mention of it in this guide. I downloaded ffmpeg-mt and copied the avcodec, avformat and avutil over from ffmpeg-mt and replaced the mplayer source and patched in the ps3 as described above. It built successfully, I am about to test it if it works, I'll build an rpm for auto install via yum!

You misinterpreted a step of mine, I think. If you place the ZIP archive next to the mplayer directory, then expand it at that level with the unzip command, it automatically copies the two files you listed in there for you. That would be my step 4 and 5. If you rename the svn checkout something else besides "mplayer", or manually open the zip, then files won't be copied automatically for you. I'll have to re-write that part slightly, and see if I can make it clearer.

In other words, if you are able to execute these commands exactly as written, it will work:
mkdir mplayer-ps3
cd mplayer-ps3

Does that make sense?

As for mplayer-mt, I built that separately. That's not included in my instructions, since it's experimental, from what I understand. I basically followed the procedure mentioned in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5975&start=75#p36667

then, followed my steps above.

I had to use a special configure I detailed here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5975&start=90#p36723

I didn't have to download ffmpeg-mt by following this procedure.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppietro » 06 Mar 2010, 09:52

To clarify further:

[paulp@yurie mplayer-ps3-ppu-gcc]$ ls
Blue-1.7.tar.bz2                mplayer
essential-ppc-20071007.tar.bz2  mplayer-ps3-patch-30099.zip
[paulp@yurie mplayer-ps3-ppu-gcc]$ unzip mplayer-ps3-patch-30099.zip
Archive:  mplayer-ps3-patch-30099.zip
  inflating: readme_source.txt       
  inflating: mplayer/libvo/spu_scaler.o 
  inflating: mplayer/libvo/vo_ps3.c 
  inflating: mplayer/30099.diff     
   creating: spu_scaler/
  inflating: spu_scaler/yuv2argb_scaler.h 
   creating: spu_scaler/spu/
   creating: spu_scaler/spu/include/
  inflating: spu_scaler/spu/include/spu_scaler_argb.h 
  inflating: spu_scaler/spu/include/scaler_settings.h 
  inflating: spu_scaler/spu/include/spu_pack.h 
  inflating: spu_scaler/spu/spu_yuv2argb_scaler.c 
  inflating: spu_scaler/spu/Makefile 
   creating: spu_scaler/speutils/
  inflating: spu_scaler/speutils/spu_dmalib.h 
  inflating: spu_scaler/yuv2argb_scaler.c 
   creating: spu_scaler/spu-medialib/
  inflating: spu_scaler/spu-medialib/spu_control.h 
  inflating: spu_scaler/spu-medialib/yuv_datastructs.h 
  inflating: spu_scaler/Makefile     
[paulp@yurie mplayer-ps3-ppu-gcc]$ ls
Blue-1.7.tar.bz2                mplayer                      readme_source.txt
essential-ppc-20071007.tar.bz2  mplayer-ps3-patch-30099.zip  spu_scaler
[paulp@yurie mplayer-ps3-ppu-gcc]$ 

See how that works? The key are these three lines:
  inflating: mplayer/libvo/spu_scaler.o 
  inflating: mplayer/libvo/vo_ps3.c 
  inflating: mplayer/30099.diff     

Since I unzipped next to mplayer, this installs spu_scaler.o, vo_ps3.c and 30099.diff into the correct places. :D

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jaybps3 » 06 Mar 2010, 09:56

ppietro wrote:
Jaybps3 wrote:I attempted to follow this guide to build mplayer-ps3 and it made it through configure fine, but when I ran make, the build failed!

8< snip >8

You misinterpreted a step of mine, I think. If you place the ZIP archive next to the mplayer directory, then expand it at that level with the unzip command, it automatically copies the two files you listed in there for you. That would be my step 4 and 5. If you rename the svn checkout something else besides "mplayer", or manually open the zip, then files won't be copied automatically for you. I'll have to re-write that part slightly, and see if I can make it clearer.

In other words, if you are able to execute these commands exactly as written, it will work:
mkdir mplayer-ps3
cd mplayer-ps3

Does that make sense?

As for mplayer-mt, I built that separately. That's not included in my instructions, since it's experimental, from what I understand. I basically followed the procedure mentioned in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5975&start=75#p36667

then, followed my steps above.

I had to use a special configure I detailed here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5975&start=90#p36723

I didn't have to download ffmpeg-mt by following this procedure.

Cheers,
Paul

Yep I took a left hand turn and got lost, I was able to get it installed using the method I described though and it works :)

The ffmpeg-mt contains the libavcodec and libavutils already patched so I just skipped the patching process by doing it how I done it!
60GB PS3 (CECHA01) upgraded HDD 160gb, 40" Sony Bravia, Ydl 6 and plenty of other goodies :)
Jaybps3
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby ppietro » 06 Mar 2010, 09:59

Jaybps3 wrote:Yep I took a left hand turn and got lost, I was able to get it installed using the method I described though and it works :)

Cool - either way is fine. Sorry you had to do a spot of troubleshooting there, but at least the builds don't take very long. :D

Jaybps3 wrote:The ffmpeg-mt contains the libavcodec and libavutils already patched so I just skipped the patching process by doing it how I done it!

Sweet! :D

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby alastor » 06 Mar 2010, 21:51

Hello guys, :D
About a week ago i was able to build spu-medialib using spuxlc ( a compiler that gives some optimizations to SPU binaries ) insteed of stock spu-gcc. ( Had to edit some files though )
Mplayer-ps3 works fine with that build of spu-medialib ( original spu-medialib, not spu scaller ).
Now i am building whole mplayer-ps3 using ppuxlc ( + 20-25% of speed ). I will tell you how it went. :)
Btw i am using stock glibc 8) ( Had to mess with packages though ... )
alastor
ydl lover
ydl lover

Postby Jaybps3 » 06 Mar 2010, 22:54

I now have a successful rpm build of mplayer-mt-ps3 all in one tested and working. I am currently working on a rpm package for a working gui, Also gonna try building an rpm to auto install the mplayer-ps3 terminal profile and PS3MEDIAPLAYER script, Then the mozilla plugin and were all set. I should have the rpms up in a an hr or so!
Jaybps3
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby Jaybps3 » 07 Mar 2010, 09:58

ppietro wrote:
alexbib wrote: Would be really cool if we could get mplayer-ps3 with a simple yum install (and maybe working with one of the standard mplayer GUIs.)

Remember - this video driver (-vo ps3) takes over the framebuffer display and clobbers the GUI. :(

IMHO - it's best to run it from a text mode, and not from X Windows. If you do run it from X Windows, it clobbers your mplayer GUI and fights with the open windows on your screen for redraw.

Cheers,
Paul

You must not have noticed that alastor has a method which uses a blank terminal for video output thus taking care of the x windows problems! It works good you should try it...
Jaybps3
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby alastor » 07 Mar 2010, 14:30

Jaybps3 wrote:You must not have noticed that alastor has a method which uses a blank terminal for video output thus taking care of the x windows problems! It works good you should try it...

Wow, so you are using my method :D Do you have the same thing that i have - video is playing in fullscreen on the black background, there is no text seen under it and you can control it ?
Btw ppu32-gcc is the best compiler to build mplayer-ps3 itself. I have found that is actually impossible to build it with ppuxlc. Ppuxlc doesn't support about 15 compiler flags that makefile was using. to compile the binary. ( The worst thing it doesn't support mabi=altivec, which i can guess is AltiVec optimization flag. Other then that i had few tens of warnings for each C source - so there is no way it will work. )
alastor
ydl lover
ydl lover

Postby Jaybps3 » 07 Mar 2010, 14:59

alastor wrote:
Jaybps3 wrote:You must not have noticed that alastor has a method which uses a blank terminal for video output thus taking care of the x windows problems! It works good you should try it...

Wow, so you are using my method :D Do you have the same thing that i have - video is playing in fullscreen on the black background, there is no text seen under it and you can control it ?
Btw ppu32-gcc is the best compiler to build mplayer-ps3 itself. I have found that is actually impossible to build it with ppuxlc. Ppuxlc doesn't support about 15 compiler flags that makefile was using. to compile the binary. ( The worst thing it doesn't support mabi=altivec, which i can guess is AltiVec optimization flag. Other then that i had few tens of warnings for each C source - so there is no way it will work. )

Well yes and no, I am using your script slightly modified to work with a mplayer-mt-ps3 build, I compiled mplayer multithread with mplayer-ps3 and then modified your PS3MoviePlayer script to change it from mplayer-ps3 -vo ps3 etc etc to mplayer -vo ps3 because now mplayer ps3 is a part of mplayer which is built with multithread. The way I built this it only has the mplayer binary which can do multithread and ps3.

Otherwise yeah I am using your method and it actually works good man, I have no errors or lag with X when using the PS3MoviePlayer script to execute my mplayer binary. I hit escape and the video closes quickly to my standard desktop :)

I have an rpm built for mplayer with multithread and ps3 enabled and also a gnome-mplayer gui with mplayerplug-in 3.55 ready to go currently rebuilding vlc against the new libs and then I am uploading everything, Make it a lot easier for everyone to have this working.
Jaybps3
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby alastor » 07 Mar 2010, 16:03

Jaybps3 wrote:I have an rpm built for mplayer with multithread and ps3 enabled and also a gnome-mplayer gui with mplayerplug-in 3.55 ready to go currently rebuilding vlc against the new libs and then I am uploading everything, Make it a lot easier for everyone to have this working.

Awesome. :) Having a rpm in hand would be the quickest way. Btw, can you please give me a link to multi-thread patch ?
alastor
ydl lover
ydl lover

Postby Jaybps3 » 07 Mar 2010, 16:25

alastor wrote:
Jaybps3 wrote:I have an rpm built for mplayer with multithread and ps3 enabled and also a gnome-mplayer gui with mplayerplug-in 3.55 ready to go currently rebuilding vlc against the new libs and then I am uploading everything, Make it a lot easier for everyone to have this working.

Awesome. :) Having a rpm in hand would be the quickest way. Btw, can you please give me a link to multi-thread patch ?

I did not use a patch, I just downloaded ffmpeg-mt and replaced the libavcodec, libavformat, and libavutil in mplayer with the ones from ffmpeg-mt. The ffmpeg-mt has those libraries already patched, So you do not have to do any patching. The mplayer patch for multithread just patches the libavcodec libavformat and libavutil libs with the ffmpeg-mt.

I have the mplayer rpms and such already built I could upload them if you wanna test them out...
Jaybps3
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby billb » 07 Mar 2010, 18:05

Jaybps3 wrote:I have the mplayer rpms and such already built I could upload them if you wanna test them out...

What are you waiting for? :P Just kidding -- let me know when you've got something uploaded and I'll move it into the testing repo.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jaybps3 » 07 Mar 2010, 19:11

billb wrote:
Jaybps3 wrote:I have the mplayer rpms and such already built I could upload them if you wanna test them out...

What are you waiting for? :P Just kidding -- let me know when you've got something uploaded and I'll move it into the testing repo.

I am uploading the rpms right now billb, Do me a favor try and install the mencoder mplayer gnome-mplayer without the x264 updated rpm and see if it works, I am having trouble compiling vlc against the x264 codec used for this build, I had trouble building mplayer against the version used to build vlc, However mplayer was built with x264 support internal using libavcodec x264, So there is a chance that it might install and work against the old x264 for vlc, Perhaps the current updated x264 version was only needed to compile mplayer with static libavcoded-x264. If it does work let me know so I can quit trying to rebuild vlc over and over again lol. I'll have to start out fresh again and try and find a compatible x264 for vlc and mplayer. Anyways the files are in the MPLAYER-MT-PS3 directory!

I would just disable x264 in vlc but that means disabling liba52 as well and I don't wanna do that! Also I am trying to make an rpm for auto installing the terminal profile and PS3MoviePlayer script so that its automated as well, Having trouble figuring out how to force a rpm build to install to a home directory. I can easily make it install to my home directory, However everyone's username is not jaybps3 so I gotta figure out how to set that globaly something like $HOME/ or something.

On a side note, I just lost all my specs and rpms I had recently built, I had openjpeg, gpac, and a x264 codec built that supported mp4 container in x264 video's not to mention many many other rpms, I had gtkpod libgpod and rythmbox compiled and working no conflicts, so much work down the drain.

I was using a old 40 gig ipod for storage etc and it took a crap on me the other day and when it went out it took all my work with it, sucked I was bummed for a day or so!
Jaybps3
ydl guru
ydl guru

PreviousNext

Return to Playstation 3