VlC Youtube

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Re: VlC Youtube

Postby ppietro » 03 Apr 2010, 06:14

There was a massive update to YouTube March 31st/April 1st. I'll check my Greasemonkey scripts right now.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppietro » 03 Apr 2010, 06:26

ppietro wrote:There was a massive update to YouTube March 31st/April 1st. I'll check my Greasemonkey scripts right now.

Cheers,
Paul

Okay - I can confirm that the VLCTube script is broken with the current revision of YouTube. However, Youtube without Flash Auto script seems to work pretty well.

My Youtube without Flash Auto script settings are:
Default Quality: 5 Low
Player: VLC
Autoplay: On
Player Size: small
Video Url: get_video

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby becond » 03 Apr 2010, 20:08

Thanks Pietro! The settings worked great.
becond
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby DemonDelight » 05 Apr 2010, 07:41

ppietro wrote:
ppietro wrote:There was a massive update to YouTube March 31st/April 1st. I'll check my Greasemonkey scripts right now.

Cheers,
Paul

Okay - I can confirm that the VLCTube script is broken with the current revision of YouTube. However, Youtube without Flash Auto script seems to work pretty well.

My Youtube without Flash Auto script settings are:
Default Quality: 5 Low
Player: VLC
Autoplay: On
Player Size: small
Video Url: get_video

Cheers,
Paul

Hey I found that script a few days ago after searching a bit! I was going to post to see if there was a better 1, but I guess not :P I run the vids fine on high 35
DemonDelight
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Postby CronoCloud » 06 Apr 2010, 02:11

ppietro wrote:

Yep, even with the default "35" quality level. One caveat...if you have flashblock installed, you'll have to exempt youtube from it for the script to work.

Ron Rogers Jr. (CronoCloud)
CECHE01 PS3 (MGS4 80GB Bundle) without OtherOS and with an upgraded 320GB HD
Running Fedora 23 on a Compaq Presario CQ5320F upgraded with a Phenom X4 and GT640
Vizio E221A1 22" 1080P TV with HDMI, using 1080P over HDMI
PSN ID: CronoCloudAuron
CronoCloud

Postby otakusupreme » 15 Apr 2010, 10:21

umm can anyone tell me how to change the script for it to work. i went to the greasemonkey and went to edit script but when i chose text editor as the preferred text editor it wouldnt work. thanks in advance
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby bonedome » 15 Apr 2010, 12:52

Hello
you won't need to edit anything, you may need to go to userscripts and download youtube without flash again http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/50771 then disable vlctube or anything like it, it should work straight away, even works on windoze with vlc
you will need either mplayer or vlc mozilla plugin btw
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby ppietro » 16 Apr 2010, 07:19

bonedome wrote:Hello
you won't need to edit anything, you may need to go to userscripts and download youtube without flash again http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/50771 then disable vlctube or anything like it, it should work straight away, even works on windoze with vlc
you will need either mplayer or vlc mozilla plugin btw

Carp - YouTube Without Flash Auto just broke. In fact, it broke the same way it does in the PS3 GameOS. :D

Apparently, YouTube added a Flash version check and disables the player if it doesn't pass. Boo! :(

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby otakusupreme » 16 Apr 2010, 10:06

Paul... i dont know if this was temporary or not but im still using the script fine though only using low 5. maybe you broke something else and it is messing with your greasemonkey or your sript somehow.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ppietro » 16 Apr 2010, 10:45

otakusupreme wrote:Paul... i dont know if this was temporary or not but im still using the script fine though only using low 5. maybe you broke something else and it is messing with your greasemonkey or your sript somehow.

Definitely YouTube Without Flash Auto broke. I haven't used VLC Tube since the original site upgrade a month or so ago. I'll check to see if there's a new version of that.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby exploitz » 18 Apr 2010, 05:15

Theres a new script called "Youtube Uncrippler" that replaces the "Go Upgrade" text with the flash video..
is there any way we can use that to fix this youtube problem?
ROMulous - Extract + Move (Your roms)
http://pastebin.com/qpzifnWw

Give it a try, I use it for bulk extracting, and moving all my roms to the correct folders.
exploitz
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby otakusupreme » 18 Apr 2010, 06:05

ummm... i dont know whats wrong with everyone else's but my youtube without auto flash is still working perfect. i downloaded the script and disabled vlctube. so im not sure if i can help but the script is still working for me.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby exploitz » 18 Apr 2010, 06:44

every video i try to watch comes up with as Go Upgrade!

its annoying as tits.

EDIT: actually, i blocked the JS that they use to check your flash version and now all that comes up is a little lego piece that says install missing plugins.. and i have mozilla-vlc plugin installed too. why is this happening :\
ROMulous - Extract + Move (Your roms)
http://pastebin.com/qpzifnWw

Give it a try, I use it for bulk extracting, and moving all my roms to the correct folders.
exploitz
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby otakusupreme » 18 Apr 2010, 07:05

have you yet disabled vlctube? once the script above was installed and i disabled vlctube i get to watch youtube. there must be something youre missing. i dont really know what. sorry im not a troubleshooter. just a nob. but this is what i did and youtube is working fine for me right now on my other os.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ppietro » 18 Apr 2010, 07:51

otakusupreme wrote:ummm... i dont know whats wrong with everyone else's but my youtube without auto flash is still working perfect. i downloaded the script and disabled vlctube. so im not sure if i can help but the script is still working for me.

Have you disabled Javascript, or are you running any other plugins - like a Flash blocker? There must be something else you have enabled that's making it work - 'cause it's broken for the rest of us. :D

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Playstation 3