VlC Youtube

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Re: VlC Youtube

Postby otakusupreme » 18 Apr 2010, 08:12

maybe its java. when i upgraded firefox, the java plugin wasnt brought along with the upgrade. that might be the ONLY difference. and youtube works both with flashblock on and off. other than that i cant see a difference. so yeah Java is not installed right now. thats all.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ppietro » 18 Apr 2010, 08:17

otakusupreme wrote:maybe its java. when i upgraded firefox, the java plugin wasnt brought along with the upgrade. that might be the ONLY difference. and youtube works both with flashblock on and off. other than that i cant see a difference. so yeah Java is not installed right now. thats all.

No - it's not Java (or lack thereof) - YouTube doesn't invoke it one way or the other. But - you have Flashblock, right? Thanks - that's probably it. I'll give it a try.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby otakusupreme » 18 Apr 2010, 08:41

actually paul, i just installed flashblock tonight and youtube was working fine before then. so that might not be it. like i said i cant think of what might be the problem. have you done the unofficial update with mplayer? i did do that so that might be your issue if you haven't. i hope i can actually help YOU somehow this time other than the other way around.

PS. also if you can, do you think i can get some help with gnome mplayer. i have a topic going about it right below this topic. sorry i dont know how to posts url's that well.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ppietro » 18 Apr 2010, 09:39

otakusupreme wrote:actually paul, i just installed flashblock tonight and youtube was working fine before then. so that might not be it. like i said i cant think of what might be the problem. have you done the unofficial update with mplayer? i did do that so that might be your issue if you haven't. i hope i can actually help YOU somehow this time other than the other way around.

Yeah - I've done all the mplayer stuff - I'm one of the folks who figured out how to build it natively on Yellow Dog. :D

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5975&p=36528#p36528

I still think you must have some sort of extension or plug-in that's fooling YouTube's Flash check. What else do you have loaded in Firefox? Do you have Gnash installed?

Cheers,
Paul

otakusupreme wrote:PS. also if you can, do you think i can get some help with gnome mplayer. i have a topic going about it right below this topic. sorry i dont know how to posts url's that well.

Sorry - I don't use gnome-mplayer, so I can't help you.
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby otakusupreme » 18 Apr 2010, 10:19

i dont know.... i dont think that i have gnash installed. wait yes i do. its gnash 0.8.2 from the bodega repos. i dont have anything else installed in firefox. i have vlctube disabled. btw paul whats right below the youtube video? do you see a few links with download lo 5 and so on and then some more links with low 5 and so on. youtube videos do not automatically start for me i have to choose one of these options to watch them. let me grab a screenshot real quick and i will show you.

Screenshot-2.jpg
(74.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet

hopefully this picture might help you. good luck.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ppietro » 18 Apr 2010, 10:47

otakusupreme wrote:i dont know.... i dont think that i have gnash installed. wait yes i do. its gnash 0.8.2 from the bodega repos. i dont have anything else installed in firefox. i have vlctube disabled. btw paul whats right below the youtube video? do you see a few links with download lo 5 and so on and then some more links with low 5 and so on. youtube videos do not automatically start for me i have to choose one of these options to watch them. let me grab a screenshot real quick and i will show you.

Screenshot-2.jpg

hopefully this picture might help you. good luck.

Yes - that's exactly what mine looks like.

I might have figured it out though - it may be your "YouTube without Flash Auto" settings. What does it say when you click Preferences? I have mine set to auto-load videos. Let me try manually starting instead of auto-starting.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby otakusupreme » 18 Apr 2010, 11:20

actually i havent figured out a way to edit my preferences. everytime i click on edit it tells me to pick a program to edit it with but when i choose text editor it says to pick an executable file. so i cant really tell you what my settings are. once i figure that out i will tell you what it is.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby Tobe » 18 Apr 2010, 12:49

If you use Paul's settings here ...

ppietro wrote:My Youtube without Flash Auto script settings are:
Default Quality: 5 Low
Player: VLC
Autoplay: On
Player Size: small
Video Url: get_video

... and klick right under the video "View without Flash | Low 5", the playback starts.

Just ignore the "Go upgrade!" message :lol:
- Tobe -
Tobe

Postby exploitz » 18 Apr 2010, 17:08

You guys are using Youtube without Flash Auto?? I am using it but I do not get any settings under my video that I can click. Its just a lego block and thats it..
ROMulous - Extract + Move (Your roms)
http://pastebin.com/qpzifnWw

Give it a try, I use it for bulk extracting, and moving all my roms to the correct folders.
exploitz
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby otakusupreme » 18 Apr 2010, 21:42

well you said you disabled JS. why dont you try and re enable it then when it comes up just click low 5 or another option where it says to view without flash. maybe you guys arent clicking the link like Tobe said. i didnt do anything special. all i do is click low 5. once you do that the video should start after a few seconds.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby exploitz » 18 Apr 2010, 21:56

Oh lol that fixed it :) Thanks

Is there any way I can get Seek controls ?

Give it a try, I use it for bulk extracting, and moving all my roms to the correct folders.
exploitz
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby otakusupreme » 19 Apr 2010, 00:26

i dont know. i dont see any on mine. it just plays on continously until i exit the page.... maybe someone else can help with that.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ppietro » 19 Apr 2010, 00:27

exploitz wrote:Oh lol that fixed it :) Thanks

Is there any way I can get Seek controls ?

Try the settings I suggested earlier:
My Youtube without Flash Auto script settings are:
Default Quality: 5 Low
Player: VLC
Autoplay: On
Player Size: small
Video Url: get_video

I get controls at the bottom of my videos with these settings.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppietro » 19 Apr 2010, 00:30

ppietro wrote: I have mine set to auto-load videos. Let me try manually starting instead of auto-starting.

That was it.

So - with my previous settings, YouTube videos would just start to play automatically. Now, with the Flash version check, they fail upon page load with a Get Upgrade message.

However - if you're running the YouTube Without Flash Auto script, you can start the video manually by clicking one of the manual "View without Flash" links below. This overrides the Flash upgrade script, and starts the video normally.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby exploitz » 19 Apr 2010, 01:51

Ah I love these forums and I just joined. :)

So much more helpful than the folks as PSUbuntu :[

Your settings work awesome, thanks for that.

EDIT: Anyone else having trouble with firefox crashing using video mode 34??

exploitz
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Playstation 3