Error Code 8001050F?

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Re: Error Code 8001050F?

Postby bonedome » 01 Mar 2010, 16:16

Hello
I also had this problem today on ydl trying to compile gnash 0.8.7 (at last some free time) ydl thought it was march 10th 2006 and ./configure said something about new libs where older than old libs :? check hw clock
All I did for a quick fix was
Code: Select all
system-config-date
and set to correct time and date although I would think once I switch back to gameos it'll be wrong again
On a more pressing issue has anyone tried playing a ps2 game since this happened ? as I shall be having a game of tourist trophy after gnash has (hopefully) compiled
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby billb » 01 Mar 2010, 18:54

bonedome wrote:On a more pressing issue has anyone tried playing a ps2 game since this happened ? as I shall be having a game of tourist trophy after gnash has (hopefully) compiled

I've played some Indigo Prophecy (PS2) with no problems. However, the current statement from Sony suggests not using your PS3 at all:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/ ... rk-status/
As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install
trophies. Please exit your game.”
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
* Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please continue to check either the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

By "some" he means "millions of" ... :roll:
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bonedome » 01 Mar 2010, 20:46

Hello
just to let you know tourist trophy (gran turismo on 2 wheels) works fine, having read the above you're probably better off playing ps1 or 2 games :D if any
It's the millenium bug ten years late, remember the panic circa late 1999 :shock:
ps I've given up trying to make gnash 0.8.7 today it keeps erroring out on make :(
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby billb » 01 Mar 2010, 21:48

If you're comfortable with opening your PS3, removing power supply and blu-ray drive, and flipping the board over to get to the battery, then pulling the battery power for a few minutes should fix the problem. Just did that on one of my CECHA01's and am back up and running, logged into PSN, trophies all showing up, and download games running OK.

I'm not recommending anyone do this, of course, just letting you know! :mrgreen:

EDIT: I do believe you will lose any trophies you get while your system is experiencing the clock bug, so if those are important to you definitely don't play any games until the problem is fixed (as Sony has suggested).
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppietro » 01 Mar 2010, 22:33

In the meantime, here's a list of 10 things to do while you're waiting.

From Wired Magazine:
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/03/broken-ps3

10. Pretend you’re in PlayStation Home: Invite a bunch of weird-looking dudes over to your house and do the Cabbage Patch in your living room.

9. Pull out your PlayStation 2. Reminisce about the good old days when game consoles were free-standing appliances that didn’t need to ping a central server before they allowed you to play.

8. Make a game out of your household chores: “Hooray! I just unlocked the Elbow Grease Trophy in PixelJunk Fridge-Cleaner!”

7. Play real-life Gran Turismo: Take your used Toyota hatchback out on the freeway and rev it up to 55. Ah, this is the life. Who needs racing games? Hey, Click and Clack are on NPR.

6. Stand outside by your mailbox, waiting for friend requests.

5. Play the Xbox 360, which has an internal clock that does not have a horrible kill-switch built into it AARGH.

4. Break out the Pledge and clean the dust off your Wii. Bonus: Clean off all your unused peripherals, too — by the time you’re wiping the last of the grime off the Wii Wheel, the bug will be fixed.

3. Read our recaps of The Tester instead of watching the actual show. (Note: This tip still applies even after your PlayStation 3 starts working again.)

2. Make a list of 10 things to do while your PlayStation 3 is broken.

1. Get your old box of Little League baseball trophies out of the basement, and award them to yourself. Take them to bed with you, comforted in the knowledge that Sony cannot take these away from you (until at least the PlayStation 5).

(written by Game|Life writers John Mix Meyer, Chris Baker, Gus Mastrapa and Chris Kohler)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CronoCloud » 02 Mar 2010, 00:06

ppietro wrote:In the meantime, here's a list of 10 things to do while you're waiting

9. Pull out your PlayStation 2. Reminisce about the good old days when game consoles were free-standing appliances that didn’t need to ping a central server before they allowed you to play.

Cheers,
Paul

Who needs to pull out a PS2, I have a CECHE! Now is the time for those affected by the bug to pull out their unfinished PS2 games, or maybe work on whittling down those PS1 RPG's that they bought and never actually played, or finished. Like finally getting my Rogue in PSone Diablo to CLvl 50. (that requires a HUGE amount of XP for the higher levels, a ridiculous amount, and unlike players of the PC version you can't jump directly to the Hell levels which are about the only place a high level character can get XP.)

Or you can play Nightmare of Druaga, it's a roguelike in the chunsoft tradition, meaning it's going to take a LOT of time to play through.

Or play Oblivion GOTY, no PSN/Trophy functionality so it plays fine, as does Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga.

Or since the web browser works fine, you can always read and post to ones favorite Linux-related message board.

Or listen to music.

Maybe I could actually finish PS1 DOOM, even if the music sucks, and the levels aren't as faithful to the PC version as SNES DOOM is. I know, I know, I have Linux installed so I could just play the PC version via prboom., but I can't stand keyboard movement, and in fact on the PS2 Linux kit I mapped the keys to the DualShock.

Or boot into LInux

As you can probably tell this bug isn't as devastating to me as it would be someone who plays the " online multiplayer shooter of the week." Though I can't truly play Fallout 3, Bioshock or Ghostbusters until it's fixed, because I don't want to do something that earns a trophy and have it not count. :-(

I have no plans on taking my PS3 apart, not unless they don't get the bug fixed in a couple of days. Bill, got any links to good tutorials on taking the thing apart?

I have taken PS2's apart to mess with the famous white gear
Ron Rogers Jr. (CronoCloud)
CECHE01 PS3 (MGS4 80GB Bundle) without OtherOS and with an upgraded 320GB HD
Running Fedora 23 on a Compaq Presario CQ5320F upgraded with a Phenom X4 and GT640
Vizio E221A1 22" 1080P TV with HDMI, using 1080P over HDMI
PSN ID: CronoCloudAuron
CronoCloud

Postby billb » 02 Mar 2010, 00:23

CronoCloud wrote:I have no plans on taking my PS3 apart, not unless they don't get the bug fixed in a couple of days. Bill, got any links to good tutorials on taking the thing apart?

The one I followed is here:

http://www.llamma.com/PS3/repair/PS3_di ... torial.htm

One important thing is to make a diagram of which screws go where because they're not all the same length. At least on my CECHA, there were arrows marking which screws needed to be removed. The battery (wrapped in green plastic) can be seen in this pic in the bottom left corner:

http://www.llamma.com/PS3/repair/disass ... 1thumb.jpg

It took me around 20-30 minutes to take it apart, unplug the battery for a few minutes, put back together, and that was it. When I turned it on it asked for the date and after that everything functioned normally.

Hopefully this won't be necessary, of course! I just didn't have anything better to do at the moment and had already taken this PS3 down a couple of times before.
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppietro » 02 Mar 2010, 00:33

CronoCloud wrote:Now is the time for those affected by the bug to pull out their unfinished PS2 games, or maybe work on whittling down those PS1 RPG's that they bought and never actually played, or finished.

Just remember though - if your PS1 game was downloaded from PSN, it won't work. :(

Only the "real" PS1 games - on actual PS1 media - will work until they fix this.

(That's my understanding, anyway.)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Noons » 02 Mar 2010, 00:40

I just tried to access my addons within firefox and got this error:

services.addons.mozilla.org:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate will not be valid until 10/14/2008 09:40 AM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

Don't know if it's related or not. the date has already passed?? everything seemed to work fine though
Fedora core 12; ps3 CECHA01; samsung 720p plasma; kernel 2.6.32
Noons
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby billb » 02 Mar 2010, 01:21

Looks like things should be back to normal now ...
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CronoCloud » 02 Mar 2010, 01:32

ppietro wrote:
CronoCloud wrote:Just remember though - if your PS1 game was downloaded from PSN, it won't work. :(

Only the "real" PS1 games - on actual PS1 media - will work until they fix this.

(That's my understanding, anyway.)

Cheers,
Paul

Yup, but I only have 1 PSN PSone game that I don't have on disc, and that is Castlevania Symphony of the Night. I never get rid of or trade in games, even ones that are crap, like Saga Frontier, or the PSone version of the South Park FPS. And I try to pick up older games and budget games as I run across them. So I have a lot of PSone games, over 40, same for PS2 games, 66 or so of them (make that 67, just got Okami for $9.99), only 9 PS3 games.

And yep, everything is back to normal, so I guess I won't be delving into the PS1 RPG backlog after all.

Ron Rogers Jr.
CECHE01 PS3 (MGS4 80GB Bundle) without OtherOS and with an upgraded 320GB HD
Running Fedora 23 on a Compaq Presario CQ5320F upgraded with a Phenom X4 and GT640
Vizio E221A1 22" 1080P TV with HDMI, using 1080P over HDMI
PSN ID: CronoCloudAuron
CronoCloud

Postby ppietro » 02 Mar 2010, 03:08

Hi everyone,

My PS3 is back to normal, too. :D

Looks like that makes 20 million (!) of us:
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-0 ... litch.html

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppietro » 02 Mar 2010, 03:18

And - it's official:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/ ... -restored/

PlayStation Network Service Restored
Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year. Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally.

If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the internet. If we have new information, we will update you through the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby billb » 19 Mar 2010, 11:18

I suppose I can "unsticky" this topic now that Sony has "fixed" the problem and swept this issue under the rug...
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppietro » 19 Mar 2010, 12:43

billb wrote:I suppose I can "unsticky" this topic now that Sony has "fixed" the problem and swept this issue under the rug...

Well - until next year, anyway. ;)

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Playstation 3