CBE Compiling issue?

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

CBE Compiling issue?

Postby Gogeden » 01 Mar 2010, 11:34

I am having some difficulty with this same example. I am up to the part where you have to compile the spe program and the ppu program together (The step before you run the program) and I get this:

Code: Select all
 [root@localhost Desktop]# ppu-gcc ppe_distance.c spe_distance_csf.o -lspe -o cheese
    In file included from /usr/include/features.h:352,
                     from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
                     from ppe_distance.c:1:
    /usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:9:27: error: gnu/stubs-64.h: No such file or directory
    ppe_distance.c:2:20: error: libspe.h: No such file or directory
    ppe_distance.c:6: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'calculate_distance_handle'
    ppe_distance.c: In function 'main':
    ppe_distance.c:27: error: 'speid_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
    ppe_distance.c:27: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    ppe_distance.c:27: error: for each function it appears in.)
    ppe_distance.c:27: error: expected ';' before 'spe_id'
    ppe_distance.c:30: error: 'spe_id' undeclared (first use in this function)

Am I using the wrong compiler or something?

Thank you! ^_^
Gogeden
ydl lover
ydl lover

Re: CBE Compiling issue?

Postby Jaybps3 » 01 Mar 2010, 15:15

glibc-devel ppc64 is what provides the file its complaining is missing. You can either install glibc-devel ppc64 or you need to adjust your compiler to compile ppc not ppc64!

To get it to build without installing glibc-devel ppc64 just compile with this command!

Code: Select all
ppu32-gcc ppe_distance.c spe_distance_csf.o -lspe -o cheese

Also you may have to set the path for libspe.h, which is the header for libspe, If it doesn't compile with the command above look for the location of the libspe.h file, Then check to see where it searches for it at, if its not at the location its expected to be, Just create a link to it in the correct location. If you cannot find libspe.h you may have to install llibspe there is a libspe2 as well, your program may be looking for libspe not libspe2, I'm not sure. If your missing libspe.h, try seeing if there is a libspe-devel package available.

You can find the libspe.h file by running (locate libspe.h) from the terminal, If it complains about mlocate not being able to access blah blah, As root run (updatedb) and then issue the locate libspe.h again. If locate doesn't find it then its not installed on the system.

Hope this helps.
60GB PS3 (CECHA01) upgraded HDD 160gb, 40" Sony Bravia, Ydl 6 and plenty of other goodies :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/jaybps3
Jaybps3
ydl guru
ydl guru

Return to Playstation 3