YouTube, Flash and the PS3

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Re: YouTube, Flash and the PS3

Postby Noons » 05 Nov 2010, 22:37

billb wrote:Thanks -- I already had the view-without-flash settings right -- I was just missing the packages mentioned above.

Are u sayin that theirs a setting that I can change so I don't have to click that button everytime? :shock:
Fedora core 12; ps3 CECHA01; samsung 720p plasma; kernel 2.6.32
Noons
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby billb » 05 Nov 2010, 22:57

Noons wrote:Are u sayin that theirs a setting that I can change so I don't have to click that button everytime? :shock:

I guess so ... I just go to youtube, click on the video, and it plays... maybe save your YWOF prefs?
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hollywoodhorror » 15 Dec 2010, 22:00

I was using YouTube without Flash and having great success until I tried it this week. No luck. I had installed some other plugins, so I messed with those and still no luck. I ended up uninstalling greasemonkey and ytwof and reinstalling, but still I am no longer able to view videos in youtube using the ytwof script and greasemonkey. Is anyone else having the same issue? I found the following discussion: http://userscripts.org/topics/64941 which makes me quite curious as to the possibility that ytwof is now broken also. If so, I have no way to watch youtube within firefox. If anyone has any alternative suggestions....... I prefer not to use minitube if possible. I like just viewing the videos through the browser like intended. Thanks!
hollywoodhorror
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby billb » 16 Dec 2010, 19:26

hollywoodhorror wrote:Is anyone else having the same issue?

Yes -- same here. Something changed with Youtube which broke several Youtube related tools / scripts / etc. Minitube has been fixed already.
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bonedome » 15 Jan 2011, 15:23

Hello
there's a firefox addon now that's pretty much like ytwof called flash video replacer https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashvideoreplacer/ :D
60Gb ps3 otheros awol. currently playing:bad company and farcry 2 again (seeing how far I can get using permadeath principle)update: regretfully Warren Clyde was involved in a shootout south of Pala and killed when he was hit by a land rover. RIP Warren
bonedome
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby billb » 15 Jan 2011, 16:35

bonedome wrote:Hello
there's a firefox addon now that's pretty much like ytwof called flash video replacer https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashvideoreplacer/ :D

Nice -- thanks! Looks like it fails to install using YDL's version of Firefox (3.0.16) -- says it's not compatible. I haven't tried with one of Paul's later Firefox builds yet (it needs to be 3.5-4.0).
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppietro » 16 Jan 2011, 22:36

billb wrote:
bonedome wrote:Hello

Nice -- thanks! Looks like it fails to install using YDL's version of Firefox (3.0.16) -- says it's not compatible. I haven't tried with one of Paul's later Firefox builds yet (it needs to be 3.5-4.0).

I just gave this a shot in Firefox 3.6.13. It is using the default mplayer plugin, so performance wasn't great. I'm going to play around with the settings a bit - I'll update when I'm done.

UPDATE: I couldn't get it to use the VLC plugin, so I never did get acceptable performance. Anyone else had any luck with this?

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby condor3 » 09 Feb 2011, 23:46

Hello, i`m sorry to intrude, but i would really need some help from you guys. I reacently installed ydl6.2, and i`m really new with linux. i tried to install all the plugins, the codecs to view flash, but never got something top to bottom. it would be really great if somebody could help. thank you
Cheers, Theodor.
condor3
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Iguana » 10 Feb 2011, 00:23

condor3 wrote:Hello, i`m sorry to intrude, but i would really need some help from you guys. I reacently installed ydl6.2, and i`m really new with linux. i tried to install all the plugins, the codecs to view flash, but never got something top to bottom. it would be really great if somebody could help. thank you
Cheers, Theodor.

Here..
installing software the easy way
and
ps3bodega and zerogame

Once you have installed the ps3bodega repo, do..
Code: Select all
yum install minitube

minitube is a youtube player and it probably works best in the zerogame xfce desktop environment.. and it's best to disable 'fedora extras, dribble, and livna' while using zerogame and ps3bodega repos..
Though you dont have to add the zerogame repos or kernal, but it's your decision..

also read this for some other helpfull tips related to other things in ydl
Good luck!
PS3 CECHLO1
GNOME Desktop
Yellowdog Linux 6.2
ihome keyboard
ihome gaming mouse (red)
Iguana
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ppietro » 10 Feb 2011, 01:07

condor3 wrote:Hello, i`m sorry to intrude, but i would really need some help from you guys. I reacently installed ydl6.2, and i`m really new with linux. i tried to install all the plugins, the codecs to view flash, but never got something top to bottom. it would be really great if somebody could help. thank you
Cheers, Theodor.

Currently, YouTube is not working with the solutions I outlined at the top of this post. :(

The main way most folks view YouTube is via Minitube, which is a stand-alone application.

billb has placed Minitube in his PS3bodega repository. There is information on how to set that up with YDL 6.2 here:

http://pleasantfiction.ipower.com/bodeg ... f=28&t=555

You'll need an internet connection, but it's pretty straightforward to set up. Once it's configured, you can use Add/Remove Software to add Minitube.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Playstation 3