Network setting error, cant access the network setting windw

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Network setting error, cant access the network setting windw

Postby kaisar1 » 29 Mar 2010, 23:35

Hi, I keep getting an error in network settings whenever I try to open it through the menu. So basically I cant go onto the firefox internet explorer using YDL 6.2.

Below is the error message (i tryed to tranfer the file to a memory stick but did not know how to)

Code: Select all
error information:
                         An exit code of 1 was returned from wicd-client-no-tray
Output data:
                  Attempting to connect tray to daemon...
                  Success
                  refreshing...
Error logs:
              Introspect error:The name org.wied.daemon was not provided by any .service files
              Introspect error:The name org.wied.daemon was not provided by any .service files
              Tracebook (most recent call last):
                   File "/usr/lib/wcid/wcid-client.py",line 557, in?
                          main(sys.argv)
                   File "/usr/lib/wicd/wicd-client.py", line 531, in main
                          the+gui=gui-appGui()
                   File "usr/lib/python2.4/site - packages/wicd/gui.py", line 1262,in _init_
                          self.refresh-networks (fresh=False)
                   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wicd/gui.py", line 1740, in refresh_networks
                         if wired.checkPluggedI() or wired. GetAlwaysShowWiredInterface():
                   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py",line 102, in_call_
                         reply-message =self._connection.send_with_reply_and_look(message, timeout)
                   File "dbus_blinding.pyx", line 455, in dbus_bindings.Connection.send_with_reply_and_block
                         dbus_bindings. DbusException: The name org.wicd.daemon was not provided by any .service files
kaisar1
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Network setting error, cant access the network setting windw

Postby ppietro » 30 Mar 2010, 00:51

kaisar1 wrote:Hi, I keep getting an error in network settings whenever I try to open it through the menu. So basically I cant go onto the firefox internet explorer using YDL 6.2.

Below is the error message (i tryed to tranfer the file to a memory stick but did not know how to)

Code: Select all
error information:
                         An exit code of 1 was returned from wicd-client-no-tray
Output data:
                  Attempting to connect tray to daemon...
                  Success
                  refreshing...
Error logs:
              Tracebook (most recent call last):
                   File "/usr/lib/wcid/wcid-client.py",line 557, in?
                          main(sys.argv)
                   File "/usr/lib/wicd/wicd-client.py", line 531, in main
                          the+gui=gui-appGui()
                   File "usr/lib/python2.4/site - packages/wicd/gui.py", line 1262,in _init_
                          self.refresh-networks (fresh=False)
                   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wicd/gui.py", line 1740, in refresh_networks
                         if wired.checkPluggedI() or wired. GetAlwaysShowWiredInterface():
                   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py",line 102, in_call_
                         reply-message =self._connection.send_with_reply_and_look(message, timeout)
                   File "dbus_blinding.pyx", line 455, in dbus_bindings.Connection.send_with_reply_and_block
                         dbus_bindings. DbusException: The name org.wicd.daemon was not provided by any .service files

See here:
http://www.ydl.net/support/advisories.shtml

and look for the section If Wicd Network Manager dies after reboot ...

NOTE: The guide suggests using sudo. Unfortunately, sudo isn't installed on YDL systems by default. Instead, use this command for step 2:

su --login [ENTER]

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Playstation 3