TERMINAL WONT RUN

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

TERMINAL WONT RUN

Postby otakusupreme » 01 Apr 2010, 09:34

hey all.... anyway... i tried to compile GLib 2.0.7 from gtk.com and i thought everything went great. but now i cant seem to get my terminal runnning. i compiled this so i can compile a version of gtk+ 3.24 so i can compile a program calleddrop box. so anyway i can run terminal right now so any help right now would be awesome thanks.

UPDATE: ok so its not just the terminal not working. its all the programs. and not only that when i tried to reboot it got stuck on the screen when the tv changes to my installation resolution. I dont want to have to reinstall as i have not backed up some files i wanted to keep. PLEASE HELP SO I DON'T HAVE TO REINSTALL!!!

UPDATE 2: ok so i let it run for like 5 mins on that screen and i finaaly got through to the user login but not the GUI one the terminal one. i signed in as root and ran startx and got to enlightment but nothing is coming up. just the toolbar on top and any application i try to run i get an error. but i know that i can erase somethings now. but im not sure what to run on the command line to do so. if someone could tell me how to erase and compile up to the point that you get the direvtory name so i can delete that directory i think all could be fine and dandy. i really need some help here so please help me.

UPDATE 3: ok so i just tried the rm command to remove the directory for it but i couldnt. sayd it cant remove it because its a directory. i use the -f componet on it too but its still there. i can move it. i wouldnt mind reinstalling if i can get my ROMs to my flash drive but i havent figured out how to get to the root's desktop to do so. anyway thats the update for now... been working on it for hours and think im going to sleep soon so thanks in advance. will work on it tonight.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Re: TERMINAL WONT RUN

Postby billb » 01 Apr 2010, 11:58

otakusupreme wrote:hey all.... anyway... i tried to compile GLib 2.0.7 from gtk.com and i thought everything went great. but now i cant seem to get my terminal runnning. i compiled this so i can compile a version of gtk+ 3.24 so i can compile a program calleddrop box. so anyway i can run terminal right now so any help right now would be awesome thanks.

So you've already used the make install command as root and installed it? Glib is something you have to be very careful about updating since so much depends on it. Maybe if you run make uninstall from the build directory that would help?

otakusupreme wrote: i wouldnt mind reinstalling if i can get my ROMs to my flash drive but i havent figured out how to get to the root's desktop to do so. anyway thats the update for now... been working on it for hours and think im going to sleep soon so thanks in advance. will work on it tonight.

Root's desktop is in /root instead of /home like your regular user's account.
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TERMINAL WONT RUN

Postby otakusupreme » 01 Apr 2010, 12:17

so i go to the directory and just put in make uninstall... if thats not it could you make a step process so i know what im doing when i do this tonight thank.

UPDATE: Just so everyone knows Bill is also a god among men. worked perfect and was so simple made me feel stupid. Back to peak performance.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Return to Playstation 3