GTK 2.12

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

GTK 2.12

Postby otakusupreme » 11 Apr 2010, 07:09

whenever i try to compile something its always asking me to install a newer version of gtk. is there a newer version of gtk that people have gotten to compile correctly and if so can you tell me and point me in the right direction of how to do all this. it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

UPDATE: well i hope i didnt totally fudge things up on my ps3 linux. i compiled pango1.17.3 glib2.13.5 and gtk+2.12.0. everything seems to be running fine right now but i havent rebooted so im not sure yet. first i am going to back up some files just in case i have to reinstall ydl. heres hoping for the best.

UPDATE 2: well everything seems fine except that wicd is disappearing again so i had to use the old network manager standby. other than that everything looks good. some might say it has an old look about it but i like the look. here is a screen shot with some windows open:
well oops.... i guess there is a problem. the system freezes after a few minutes. but i t did successfully install. if someone else wants to try it and figure out whats going wrong they can. but seeing as im a newbie i cant figure it out. thanks for any information in advance.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Re: GTK 2.12

Postby CronoCloud » 11 Apr 2010, 15:01

Did you compile a newer freetype? That was usually the trouble spot for me, and sometimes forgetting to run ldconfig after installs.
The compiles usually went like this, in this approximate order:

pkgconfig
glib
atk
freetype
expat
fontconfig
render
xrender
libxft
cairo
pango
gtk

I'm running 2.10.14 myself, so I can't give you details or a HOWTO on 2.12 (Or newer), You might want to read this post for a method that might make your GTK apps look like they did before you updated GTK

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7235#p37377

Ron Rogers Jr. (CronoCloud)
CECHE01 PS3 (MGS4 80GB Bundle) without OtherOS and with an upgraded 320GB HD
Running Fedora 23 on a Compaq Presario CQ5320F upgraded with a Phenom X4 and GT640
Vizio E221A1 22" 1080P TV with HDMI, using 1080P over HDMI
PSN ID: CronoCloudAuron
CronoCloud

Return to Playstation 3