how to fix unreadable scratched wii and ps3 game dvd blu-ray

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

how to fix unreadable scratched wii and ps3 game dvd blu-ray

Postby yd0baby » 14 Apr 2010, 00:03

My son has apparently taken upon himself to "inadvertantly" scratch our prized Wii Sports game disc and some ps3 discs to the point where it won't even load in our Wii or ps3 console. I've checked around and apparently you can't buy a replacement for the wii sports retail.

Do you have any suggestions which do not involve selling my child on eBay? i was thinking about getting the hand cranked dvd scratch removers or maybe i can try this out http://whoops-billb-deleted-my-spam-link ? it seems to be what i need.

thanks
yd0baby
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: how to fix unreadable scratched wii and ps3 game dvd blu-ray

Postby ppietro » 14 Apr 2010, 01:47

yd0baby wrote:My son has apparently taken upon himself to "inadvertantly" scratch our prized Wii Sports game disc and some ps3 discs to the point where it won't even load in our Wii or ps3 console. I've checked around and apparently you can't buy a replacement for the wii sports retail.

Do you have any suggestions which do not involve selling my child on eBay? i was thinking about getting the hand cranked dvd scratch removers or maybe i can try this out ? it seems to be what i need.

thanks

We don't know anything about the Wii discs, but I wouldn't try the scratch repair tools on Blu-ray.

Basically, Blu-ray discs have a special coating on them. One of my co-workers microwaved a blu-ray disc - for fun - and got it to separate. The coating is like a plastic polymer - or thin glass - layer on top of the actual blu-ray polycarbonate disc.

I would suggest using a soft cloth on the blu-ray disc first, possibly breathing a little fog on them too, and see if the scratches just "come off". Many times, they do. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what you can do.

See here for more info:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-techno ... discs.html

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Playstation 3