I don't know if this is related or not....(YouTube)

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

I don't know if this is related or not....(YouTube)

Postby ppietro » 15 Apr 2010, 04:19

Hi everyone,

Say - anyone with a PS3 tried to play YouTube videos from GameOS lately? I'm getting an upgrade message. It seems to be for Adobe, but the way things are going - I just want to make sure.

I don't think it's related, but can anyone with GameOS 3.21 try playing a YouTube video?

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I don't know if this is related or not....(YouTube)

Postby otakusupreme » 15 Apr 2010, 05:19

hey paul... yes i can confirm youtube is broken on game os too. i will ask my brother to try it on his updated ps3 but for now non 3.21 ps3 will no longer work with youtube period. umm off topic but did antone figure out how to get youtube running on other os with the new youtube update... help would be appreciated.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ppietro » 15 Apr 2010, 05:27

otakusupreme wrote: umm off topic but did antone figure out how to get youtube running on other os with the new youtube update... help would be appreciated.

Yes - see here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6626&p=37776#p37776

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppietro » 16 Apr 2010, 07:59

Okay - slight update. Apparently, everyone using the PS3 GameOS web browser is affected by this. Unfortunately, it affects the OtherOS as well. :(

Luckily, for the GameOS, I found a slight workaround. From the main YouTube screen, use YouTube XL. You can find that in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

That's a "10 foot view" of YouTube for TVs. It's not perfect - you can't navigate it as easily as the standard website, but it seems to work.

For OtherOS, the only thing that seems to be working for me is Download Helper. :(

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby otakusupreme » 16 Apr 2010, 10:01

i seem to be doing fine with youtube in other os using the script that was given to me by someone in the vlctube forum. i have watched many youtube vieos tonight though its only at 5. but looks fine to me
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby lernatix » 16 Apr 2010, 16:52

Embedded youtubes still work in forums, Youtube XL works but doesn't have the features that make youtube youtube.
I can't even access my subscriptions :( If you URL what page you want and bookmark it, it's semi usable.

Now my Blackberry is the best non PC youtube hardware in my house! o_O
: 60Gb PS3 : 1TB External : YDL 6.1 : Gnome : 42" LCD : Sound Bar : Daytona 675 :
lernatix
ydl addict
ydl addict

Return to Playstation 3