Keybindings for mplayer

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Keybindings for mplayer

Postby otakusupreme » 27 Apr 2010, 06:00

my keyboard shortcuts for mplayer arent working. i get this error message:

No bind found for key '0x4572726f'.

it looks weird t me but im not sure whats wrong. i am using a wireless keyboard but a wired keyboard doesn't work either. the c and n keys work along with the arrow keys and enter. but no others. i cant even pause. thanks for anyhelp in advance.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Re: Keybindings for mplayer

Postby otakusupreme » 27 Apr 2010, 06:53

little update: working with someone who has used linux on ppc he helped me figure out the problem. it seems tat when i use the -vo sdl option (or sld whichever it is) that the keyboard doesn't work. but it does work fine on the -vo x11 but i cant go full screen on that or i get lines. so theres my issue something with -vo sdl. any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: also im trying to figure out how i can use multi thread in mplayer for some of my mkv files. please help if you can.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ayanematrix » 28 Apr 2010, 20:43

otakusupreme wrote:little update: working with someone who has used linux on ppc he helped me figure out the problem. it seems tat when i use the -vo sdl option (or sld whichever it is) that the keyboard doesn't work. but it does work fine on the -vo x11 but i cant go full screen on that or i get lines. so theres my issue something with -vo sdl. any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: also im trying to figure out how i can use multi thread in mplayer for some of my mkv files. please help if you can.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7213 has info on using multitheading (namely via -lavdopts threads=2). I'd also recommend using text mode and -vo ps3 to watch videos as it generally has better performance. To switch to text/console mode, use Ctrl+Alt+F1 through F6 and login like normal. If you're not used to using text/console mode, it's going to be a little jarring for a while. Also, init 3 while su - generally does the same thing as it'll kill X server, but without proper configuration of services, it'll eat almost as much memory while running in GUI (init 5) mode.

Also, I want to say that updating your kernel would help with some wireless keyboard/mouse issues, but I'm not sure as my Logitech set seems to loose sync after a couple of minutes while running in GUI mode from petiboot. The new kernel that was talked about some time ago on the discussion board helps, but it doesn't always work for me.

Hope that helps!
ayanematrix
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby otakusupreme » 29 Apr 2010, 04:29

its not a kernel problem as keybindings work in -vo x11 just perfect. Only in sdl mode does the keybindings give me issues. i only get a hex key for some reason with most key presses. i did get multithreading going so no worries there. but stilll having keyboard issues. thanks for your help though.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Return to Playstation 3