Thank you / screen shots

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Thank you / screen shots

Postby pineapple2 » 27 Apr 2010, 13:53

Just a note to say thank you to the people who make up this board - especially ppeitro and particularly billb who has been so very helpful to me.
In truth, I hadn't touched YDL for months, so I guess I'm not really missing much, but I loved having YDL there and the challenge of getting it to do (within its limitations) what I wanted it to do was a lot of fun. If I were Sony (they haven't offered me CEO just yet) I'd have released a non-crippled OtherOS in the first place. What a wonderful machine that would have been.

I wonder if someone would care to take the time to save some screenshots of the penguins and the verbose boot info to use as a desktop in GameOS? Just an idea.

Well, failing any unlikely events reviving the dog, over and out and once again thanks.

P1
pineapple2
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Thank you / screen shots

Postby billb » 28 Apr 2010, 15:41

pineapple2 wrote:If I were Sony (they haven't offered me CEO just yet) I'd have released a non-crippled OtherOS in the first place. What a wonderful machine that would have been.

Yes! What might have been ... [sigh]

I had thought of doing a Yellow Dog Linux based PS3 theme with one of those theme generators at one time, but my motivation to do so has vanished along with the OtherOS and future versions of YDL for the PS3. :(

I'll have a better idea of the fallout from removal of the OtherOS feature in FW 3.21+ as time goes on, but I'm already seeing a significant drop in traffic on the ps3bodega repo. I'll continue updating it as long as there is interest, though, even if the only one interested is me! :lol:
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Playstation 3