This is not over!

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

This is not over!

Postby lernatix » 29 Apr 2010, 20:11

C'mon guys, how many members do we have?
We can't just roll over and accept defeat!
: 60Gb PS3 : 1TB External : YDL 6.1 : Gnome : 42" LCD : Sound Bar : Daytona 675 :
lernatix
ydl addict
ydl addict

Re: This is not over!

Postby ; /\/\ 3 » 30 Apr 2010, 06:14

I haven't been on in awhile. Sony makes me sick, I figure I'd come back, readup, see how yall took the news(as expected;-(. I'm lucky enough to have two so I'm waiting, but not really waiting for Geohot. What really gets me, Sony didnt help me with getting my wifi to work with early ydl, there was no customer support (except reading yalls problems and guides) each person that had OtherOS, had it because its that person hobby or passion for that which is geek. They took their time to tweak - perfect - and tweak some more. Reading LEARNING, putting into action, joys of success. All put to an end with a cut-throut business move. Its literally sicking to me. I'll be putting my time into the nexus one till I can do more with those black boxes. Billb thanks for everything, just wanted to say that in case it all goes tits up. You (and your repo's;-) are invaluable. Thanks to all that help their common geek. You find alot of humanity on these forums. :wink: Long live OtherOS FTW Its not over for me!i!
; /\/\ 3
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Musoka Eimin » 30 Apr 2010, 08:10

I will hold onto my PS3 Linux. It is sad to see people giving in and updating. :cry:
Musoka Eimin
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby alastor » 01 May 2010, 23:32

I have my ps3 linux with 3.15 OFW at the moment, because I am still thinking about my future hardware. On YDL I mostly browse web, download & watch animes and learn C programming. One thing I know for sure - Linux is my operating system of choice forever, due to the fact that I am feeling free with it.
alastor
ydl lover
ydl lover

Postby vesh » 02 May 2010, 11:15

I'm waiting ever so patiently for the cfw. I don't even use ydl much but I'm not losing it!
vesh
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby TheOneFallen » 05 May 2010, 21:41

I use this more than my laptop. I will not roll over and let Sony do this, hopefully the guys that have gone for a class action lawsuit against Sony will win. Corporations need to know they aren't Gods!
Hoping To Finish My Linux Project Soon. :D
TheOneFallen
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby xnonsuchx » 06 May 2010, 12:08

I may end up buying a new PS3 Slim for regular PS3 use...kinda wanted one for that anyway since it's much more power efficient than my launch 60GB that uses as much power as a refrigerator. It doesn't really benefit Sony for me to do so since they are either still losing money on PS3 sales or barely breaking even now, but it is still a $300 cost to me...though I unexpectedly came into some money recently, maybe as a sign! ;-)
xnonsuchx
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Postby ning » 07 May 2010, 21:13

I stuck with my ps3YDL firmly, never thinking of a update :cry:
ning
ydl lover
ydl lover

facebook group 'Removal of "Other OS" on PS3 is unacceptable

Postby Tobe » 08 May 2010, 22:29

I recently became a member of the facebook group 'Removal of "Other OS" feature on PS3 is unacceptable!!!', see here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=108458319185510.

This group is aimed to bundle our interests and start an attempt to get Sony to listen.

Please feel free to join it also if you want.
Tobe

Postby otakusupreme » 08 May 2010, 22:50

i think that this thread needs closed as it is the exact same thing as the "Removal of OS in 3.21" thread. so please mods close the thread as there is already a thread like this and there are some other issues we could be dealing with. thank you.
otakusupreme
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby ppietro » 09 May 2010, 01:49

Tobe wrote:I recently became a member of the facebook group 'Removal of "Other OS" feature on PS3 is unacceptable!!!', see here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=108458319185510.

This group is aimed to bundle our interests and start an attempt to get Sony to listen.

Please feel free to join it also if you want.

Tobe - you know our rules about double posting. If you don't - please don't double post. Just pick one or the other thread to post this type of message.

otakusupreme wrote:i think that this thread needs closed as it is the exact same thing as the "Removal of OS in 3.21" thread. so please mods close the thread as there is already a thread like this and there are some other issues we could be dealing with. thank you.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I consider these two threads different enough to continue. That one I consider a general removal of OtherOS thread, this one is more like a "solidarity to YDL" thread.

However, if there's continued double posting to these threads, I'll lock one of them.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lernatix » 09 May 2010, 19:20

Sorry guy's my intention was to get an idea of how many people were willing to fight this. It was never intended as a duplicate of OS 3.21 thread. It may as well be locked, FaceBook is probably a better medium for this. Thanks for going easy on tobe, he really should try to get ALL the similar FB groups to merge together. I'm afraid I have become one of the faithfully departed and have updated to 3.30 so I can play Bad Company 2 (which won't run on my PC). $ony have only won the battle, my plan is now to sell the PS3 and use the money on a CPU/GPU for my PC. This linux issue, the clock bug, failure to deliver GT5 3+ years after purchase, over priced home items and host of other things have destroyed my faith in $ony and it's products. Best wishes to all of you, whatever decision you make/made, but I think that people who just buy slims are sending $ony the wrong message. I'll miss the media server when it's gone but Western Digital have a new WiFi version of WDTV out now so it's easily replaced.
: 60Gb PS3 : 1TB External : YDL 6.1 : Gnome : 42" LCD : Sound Bar : Daytona 675 :
lernatix
ydl addict
ydl addict

Postby Legendary_Agent » 13 May 2010, 17:57

im so angry you have no idea, possibly a bit more angry than i was before its weird rly i tought it would stop like all my anger for something or someone usualy does... but everytime i consider playing a game on my ps3 i just remember the other os and i feel disgusted to even touch it...
Legendary_Agent
ydl addict
ydl addict

Return to Playstation 3