Login Problem

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Login Problem

Postby TheOneFallen » 09 Jun 2010, 04:06

Okay, this just seems to happen on the virtual termin (Pressing Ctrl Alt and F1 will bring you there) I have a problem logging in via root, I type the command su -1 then it asks for my password and I type it and it doesn't work, any help?
Hoping To Finish My Linux Project Soon. :D
TheOneFallen
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Login Problem

Postby ppietro » 09 Jun 2010, 04:11

TheOneFallen wrote:Okay, this just seems to happen on the virtual termin (Pressing Ctrl Alt and F1 will bring you there) I have a problem logging in via root, I type the command su -1 then it asks for my password and I type it and it doesn't work, any help?

First - from the text terminal, the login account is "root" (without the quotes). You only use the su command after you've logged in with a normal account to switch to root. It's not the name of the root login. That name is - well - root. :D

Also - you probably know this, but su -1 won't work - it's su -l (dash lower case L) :D

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheOneFallen » 09 Jun 2010, 04:17

ppietro wrote:
TheOneFallen wrote:Okay, this just seems to happen on the virtual termin (Pressing Ctrl Alt and F1 will bring you there) I have a problem logging in via root, I type the command su -1 then it asks for my password and I type it and it doesn't work, any help?

First - from the text terminal, the login account is "root" (without the quotes). You only use the su command after you've logged in with a normal account to switch to root. It's not the name of the root login. That name is - well - root. :D

Also - you probably know this, but su -1 won't work - it's su -l (dash lower case L) :D

Cheers,
Paul

Goddamn, it's too early for me. In England it's 4: 20. :<

Thanks, I'm stuck on YDL with everything, the good thing to know is this board is still alive even though Sony are trying to kill Linux, much more support than the Ubuntu forum it seems. :)

(pst, could you point me in the direction of an fbset 720P full screen without borders or overscan guide? :D)
Hoping To Finish My Linux Project Soon. :D
TheOneFallen
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 09 Jun 2010, 04:56

TheOneFallen wrote:(pst, could you point me in the direction of an fbset 720P full screen without borders or overscan guide? :D)

Sure.

viewtopic.php?p=21232#p21232

NOTE: If you're using 6.2, you don't need to update your kernel. fbset is already included by default.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Playstation 3