Audio Problems

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Audio Problems

Postby Chambers Boxman » 22 Jun 2010, 06:03

Ok, I've got everything set up the way I want it now, but I'm having problems with sound.

It'll work perfectly for a while, but it eventually just stops, and goes completely silent.

I have no idea why this happens, or what's causing it, but I was hoping you guys might have some idea of what could make this happen.

I'm using 6.2 with Fluxbox.
Chambers Boxman
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Audio Problems

Postby billb » 22 Jun 2010, 16:44

Does this happen with everything or just during something like movie playback, for example?
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chambers Boxman » 23 Jun 2010, 14:05

billb wrote:Does this happen with everything or just during something like movie playback, for example?

It seemed to have done it whenever it felt like it, though most commonly if I watched a lot of YouTube videos.

I fiddled with some settings and I seem to have fixed it now, I'll report back if it starts up again.
Chambers Boxman
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Chambers Boxman » 25 Jun 2010, 08:12

Yeah, it's still doing it.

It doesn't seem to actually be affected by anything, and just does it on its own after a while.

I can't think of what could possibly be causing this.

(Sorry to double post, by the way.)
Chambers Boxman
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ppietro » 25 Jun 2010, 08:39

Chambers Boxman wrote:(Sorry to double post, by the way.)

You're not double posting. Double posting would be asking the same exact question in two (or more) sections of our forums. This is bad because it causes forum members to duplicate efforts - we're unaware of each other's replies - and answers given might not be subjected to as thorough a peer review.

What you've posted is a reasonable follow-up to your original question - and is exactly what you should be doing. :D

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. For those of you keeping score at home, the other bad thing that will get you called out on our forums is "topic piggybacking". That's when you ask a completely unrelated question on an active thread just because you see some life there. An example would be a question like this posted as a reply to the above post: "Hey - I'm not seeing those audio problems, but I can't get my sixaxis to work with YDL. I'm getting so frustrated that I'm going to delete YDL if I don't get an answer NOW. PLZ HELP!!"
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Playstation 3