Installing ydl 6.2

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Installing ydl 6.2

Postby clem58 » 13 Jul 2010, 19:56

18mths ago i abandoned using ydl cuz i didn't really understand what i was doing, i had no difficulty installing it last time i tried its just that i didn't have the time or patients to pay attention what it was i was trying to achieve. This time though i am paying attention i'll never live long enough to get to the level of some of you guys, but i'm willing to give it another go. Anyway to-day i downloaded a copy of ydl 6.2 unto dvd, i formated the ps3 alotted 10gb bear in mind i haven't installed the april fool 3.21 update therefore i still have other OS. Anyway i went into system setting " install other os" but got no APPLICABLE INSTALLER WAS FOUND. I know its on disk as i checked as soon as it was completed . can anyone tell me what to do next, apart from take up fishing. Thanks for replies in advance. :?
clem58
ydl lover
ydl lover

Re: Installing ydl 6.2

Postby ppietro » 13 Jul 2010, 21:14

clem58 wrote: Anyway to-day i downloaded a copy of ydl 6.2 unto dvd, i formated the ps3 alotted 10gb bear in mind i haven't installed the april fool 3.21 update therefore i still have other OS. Anyway i went into system setting " install other os" but got no APPLICABLE INSTALLER WAS FOUND. I know its on disk as i checked as soon as it was completed .

When you say you downloaded a copy of YDL 6.2 on to your DVD, do you mean you burned the ISO file to the DVD? Or that you created the DVD from the ISO?

If you just put the ISO on the DVD - i.e. there's only one file on the disc - that's why it isn't working.

If you used a program like IMGBURN, and chose "Write image file to disc", and the resultant DVD has many files and directories on it, it should have worked.

If it didn't, then there's a couple of things to check.

- You may have an incomplete download of the ISO. Run SHA1SUM on the ISO file you downloaded and verify it matches the value in this file: http://ydl.oregonstate.edu/iso/SHA1SUM

- Your PS3 might not be able to read DVDs anymore. It's rare, but it happens. Try a DVD movie and make sure you can play it back. Also - if you have something recorded on the same type of burn media - i.e. Fuji DVD-R, etc. - make sure the PS3 can read that media.

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installing ydl 6.2

Postby clem58 » 13 Jul 2010, 22:09

Thanks for the info, i think there's at least one of those i can discount ie there's a dvd movie being played on it at the min, your first possible cause i think may be the problem. thanks hope this post will solve it. :)
clem58
ydl lover
ydl lover

Return to Playstation 3