Libimobiledevice

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Re: Libimobiledevice

Postby riktors » 23 Aug 2010, 20:40

i am planning to purchase an ipod touch but i don´t have a lap top or pc i am only using my beloved ps3 and yellow dog, so guys my question is how many programs support this device other than libimoviledevice (sound too complicated 4 me) and do you think is a good idea or should i choose another portable music player.

thank you.
PS3 40 GB Upgraded to 160 GB
HDD External 40 GB
SAMSUNG LCD 26´HDMI
YDL 6.1 GNOME
PSN ID riktors_ashen
riktors
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby larrythechim » 26 Aug 2010, 03:43

Libimobile device itself isn't complicated in itself, it's the dependencies. I don't know if there is any other alternative out there. You could try using libimobiledevice and use this as a guide of sorts. I would answer any questions that you may have about it to my best knowledge (just post here or PM), and if your console is connected to the Internet then meeting the dependencies for it would be much easier than what I went through. I'm beginning to start on learning how to make rpms and when I get that done I'll post them or whatnot for others to use.

In the end I'd just suggest you to get the iPod but first activate it on another computer like your friend's or relative's and put some music on it so you won't have an iBrick and a program that doesn't work :lol: .
160gb ps3 fw ? > upgraded hdd to 1tb > updated fw to 2.76
playstation network > larrythechamp
larrythechim
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Postby Jaybps3 » 26 Aug 2010, 13:17

I will look into this for everyone soon. I'm sure with a day or so to play around with it I can get the dependencies worked out and a successful install...

Perhaps I'll work it out and upload a rpm or something.
60GB PS3 (CECHA01) upgraded HDD 160gb, 40" Sony Bravia, Ydl 6 and plenty of other goodies :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/jaybps3
Jaybps3
ydl guru
ydl guru

Postby riktors » 26 Aug 2010, 19:59

thanx for the response i´m going to think it very well or maybe look for a more "friendly linux" device.
PS3 40 GB Upgraded to 160 GB
HDD External 40 GB
SAMSUNG LCD 26´HDMI
YDL 6.1 GNOME
PSN ID riktors_ashen
riktors
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby larrythechim » 27 Aug 2010, 18:20

Jaybps3 wrote:I will look into this for everyone soon. I'm sure with a day or so to play around with it I can get the dependencies worked out and a successful install...

Perhaps I'll work it out and upload a rpm or something.

That would be great if you did that. I have been compiling everything from source. Which is a pain. The only dependency I absolutely hate is usbmuxd. It compiles, installs but it seems to not be doing something right. The installation of it is recognized by libimobiledevice but the functions don't work. I've been meaning to put in some of the errors I get but have been side tracked.
160gb ps3 fw ? > upgraded hdd to 1tb > updated fw to 2.76
playstation network > larrythechamp
larrythechim
ydl beginner
ydl beginner

Previous

Return to Playstation 3