minitube question (billb)

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

minitube question (billb)

Postby mchristopher26 » 27 Aug 2010, 18:20

hey billb is there by chance or anyway minitube could rum on 6.1 ? i love how 6.2 is faster and minitube solves all my youtube needs but a lot of the programs i use in 6.1 have issues or are not available in 6.2 . i have been experimenting for a few days with 6.2 and i really not wanna update for one program and suffer the loss of others :( .

and another question in 6.1 if i just use the 3 yellowdog repos and the ps3bodega do i still need yum-protectbase or can i uninstall it?
mchristopher26
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: minitube question (billb)

Postby billb » 27 Aug 2010, 19:46

mchristopher26 wrote:hey billb is there by chance or anyway minitube could rum on 6.1 ? i love how 6.2 is faster and minitube solves all my youtube needs but a lot of the programs i use in 6.1 have issues or are not available in 6.2 . i have been experimenting for a few days with 6.2 and i really not wanna update for one program and suffer the loss of others :( .

I believe minitube requires a minimum of Qt4 4.5, and back on 6.1 I only had up to Qt4 4.4 in the repo. If you're only interested in adding minitube you might could build your own local copy of Qt4 4.5+ and then build minitube against that, but it might be rather time-consuming and possibly challenging due to other dependencies.

If there's anything you're missing that I can add to the 6.2 repo fairly easily I'll do it -- just let me know what you're missing.

and another question in 6.1 if i just use the 3 yellowdog repos and the ps3bodega do i still need yum-protectbase or can i uninstall it?

Using YDL 6.1 & ps3bodega for 6.1? In that case you'd also need to be using fedora-extras and you'd probably want to keep yum-protectbase. On 6.2 with ps3bodega for 6.2, yum-protectbase is not needed since I'm intentionally updating some things that are included in YDL's repos (like Qt for minitube, for example).
PS3 60GB [CECHA01], FW 3.15, YDL 6.2, Samsung T260HD @ 1920x1200
Powermac G4 1.25 GHz x2, 2 GB RAM, YDL 6.2
billb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Playstation 3