Do we Need A New Kernel to Install YDL Beyond 3.15

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Do we Need A New Kernel to Install YDL Beyond 3.15

Postby Pwned-PS » 04 May 2011, 13:33

Lets say I am past 3.15 but I have my system with all the 3.15 features and even better. Can I install the YDL in the same manner as in 3.15 or do I need a new kernel to accomplish this. I have waited long timeto get my PS3 to this status but due to well known limitations I wont be giving further details. But of course this has all to do with the latest news in the last few hours. :twisted: Somebody please let me know what I need to do before Iland into trouble.... :mrgreen:
Pwned-PS
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Do we Need A New Kernel to Install YDL Beyond 3.15

Postby ppietro » 04 May 2011, 23:49

Pwned-PS wrote:Lets say I am past 3.15 but I have my system with all the 3.15 features and even better. Can I install the YDL in the same manner as in 3.15 or do I need a new kernel to accomplish this. I have waited long timeto get my PS3 to this status but due to well known limitations I wont be giving further details. But of course this has all to do with the latest news in the last few hours. :twisted: Somebody please let me know what I need to do before Iland into trouble.... :mrgreen:

Although I am not a Fixstars/TerraSoft/YDL employee, I think it's safe to say that the kernel in the shipping version of YDL 6.2 is the last that will most likely be built for the PS3.

Since YDL does not officially support any PS3 launch method other than OtherOS (included in firmware 3.15 and under), that's probably fine for most of us.

Unfortunately, this doesn't specifically answer your question. :) Since you're not using OtherOS, my guess is that the stock YDL kernel won't boot. Since the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) applies to this forum, that's about all I feel comfortable saying.

That being said, you'll want to read the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7844&p=40702#p40670

Cheers,
Paul
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Playstation 3