Graf's kernel with YDL?

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Graf's kernel with YDL?

Postby Flo » 09 Jun 2011, 06:08

[MODERATOR EDIT: Sorry - we don't allow topic piggybacking on our forum. This is a new question - so new topic please. I've gone ahead and split this post into a new topic for you and retitled it appropriately. Also - please try to avoid adding to conversations where the last post was from 2009. -Paul]

There has been many progress lately regarding PS3 Linux and a new kernel appeared , called Graf's kernel .
This enables all SPE's to be used and possibly the GPU once a driver is written . You could use Linux to downgrade , QA flag the console ..etc..
Anyone succesfully updated YDL to use graf's kernel ?
Flo
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Re: Graf's kernel with YDL?

Postby Pwned-PS » 09 Jun 2011, 10:02

I am happy the moderator has not closed this topic as it makes reference to Graf's kernel. I am one of those unlucky to have a system with 3.55 firmware thus I cannot use YDL the official way. I have a PS3 Phat Nand and it looks like the Nand Phats are now invited to the party for the recently implemented methods of installing Linux on Systems above 3.15 but below 3.56.

So yes please I would like to know whether anybody has successfully installed YDL using the new technique..... :)
Pwned-PS
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Flo » 09 Jun 2011, 12:59

I have done it on 256 nand , that's what i'm talking about here ! Just use bootos-v3-petitboot and lv2 patcher and install to usb device . Warning .. it's very slow unless optimised
Flo
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Pwned-PS » 09 Jun 2011, 14:05

Sorry it appears that had not understood the question in your last line. So now if I amnot wrong you are saying that it is possible to install YDL using the default YDL kernel. But that probably makes the installation very slow. So therefore you are asking whether anyone has updated YDL to make use of Graf's kernel which will perhaps optimize the system? Please let me know whether I have understood this..... :roll:

However, other than Graf's kernel there is the recent kernel found at the relevat site which appears to be an updated kernel. You may want to try this. Let me shoot you a pm as I would not want to be in breach of this site's forbidden territory.... :D
Pwned-PS
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Flo » 09 Jun 2011, 18:21

Sorry it appears that had not understood the question in your last line. So now if I amnot wrong you are saying that it is possible to install YDL using the default YDL kernel. But that probably makes the installation very slow. So therefore you are asking whether anyone has updated YDL to make use of Graf's kernel which will perhaps optimize the system?

You understood right , that's exactly my case . Note that i did not install it using the new vflash method but with the old BootOS one that installs to usb storage
But i'm pretty sure YDL will install either way . Maybe it is possible to change the kernel files inside the iso before the installation ?

Other than Graf's kernel there is the recent kernel found at the relevat site which appears to be an updated kernel. You may want to try this

Where can i find it ?
Flo
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby Pwned-PS » 10 Jun 2011, 09:23

Nice. Please check your pm..... :P
Pwned-PS
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Return to Playstation 3