Re: How do I put videos on a PS3?

YDL running on the Sony Playstation 3

Moderator: billb

Re: How do I put videos on a PS3?

Postby ppietro » 06 Nov 2012, 22:16

wellsgeo1 wrote:How do I put videos on a PS3?
I have movies that are downloaded from the internet. I have tried AVI, MP4, MPEG-4, Movie File and none of them work. Can anyone tell me which one works. I used a USB Flash Drive to put the videos on the PS3. Some help please?

Hiya!

Are you asking how to put videos on a PS3 or on PS3 Linux? This is primarily a Linux forum - that includes PS3s running Linux via the discontinued OtherOS feature - not a PS3 forum.

That being said, if you're trying to play videos on the native PS3 interface - what we call the GameOS - there's information here: http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... types.html

NOTE: If you're trying to use a Flash Drive on GameOS, you'll need to format it FAT32 for the PS3 to see it. GameOS doesn't support any other file system type.

Cheers,
Paul

UPDATE: This most likely was posted by a spammer - the question was edited to add links to product websites after I responded. So - following normal board policies, I've removed the user and his/her posts from the system. Just in case, though, I've left my response.
ppietro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Playstation 3