Documentation Generator On PS3/YDL

Discuss software development issues here.

Documentation Generator On PS3/YDL

Postby Taellik » 31 May 2009, 10:51

For those of you familiar with JAVA programming, the JavaDocs documentation generator from source code comments is pretty much a defacto standard for software development using that language.

There is now an open source program version that works on the PS3/YDL that mimicks JavaDocs called NaturalDocs available from http://www.naturaldocs.org that supports 19 different development languages !

It is a Perl program that will parse source code comments in your program and create HTML documentation very similar to JavaDocs. You embed keywords and documentation comments in your source code and run the NaturalDocs program to parse thru your code and you get documentation in HTML ready for inclusion with your software projects. With 19 different software development languages supported NaturalDocs is now my preferred means for documenting my programs.

It is an easy download to do, it requires the Perl language - but that's not a problems since the PS3/YDL Perl language works fine with it ! :D

Only difficulty I encountered, was invoking the NaturalDocs program since I'm still a newb over how YDL handles its file permissions...lol :roll:

If you need a documentation generator, I would strongly recommend getting a copy of NaturalDocs loaded on your PS3 !

Taellik
PS3 80GB, FW 3.21
EyeToy II
NO YDL 6.2 due to 3.21 firmware upgrade
PSP
PSP Go! Cam
Taellik
ydl addict
ydl addict

Location: Raleigh NC and God's Favorite Nation --> THE United States of America

Return to Software Development