USB Bus 1 deregistered

If you have problems installing YDL, or need some information before you start.

Re: USB Bus 1 deregistered

Postby RudyH » 28 Jan 2009, 23:16

ppietro wrote:Something in the back of my brain suggests that you're actually failing somewhere else. You're seeing the last status message before the freeze, not the actual freeze.

Just to be sure - you've allocated 10 gig for OtherOS from the PS3's XMB, right? Along those lines - have you installed Linux on this hard disk before?

(I'm not saying I have an answer here - just trying to eliminate some variables.)

Cheers,
Paul

Ok, wow. Thanks for your help kind of. So after trying endlessly to get this work and getting the hang up the past two nights, I thought why not try it again, bring my laptop downstairs and type out everything that is on the screen.

Worked perfectly fine. To to fix this error I did nothing but call it a night and start over the next day, I apologize to EVERYONE, I am speechless.
RudyH
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby warfaj » 27 Apr 2009, 12:50

AT kboot: press enter quickly and make sure you have the installlation cd in and it will boot YDL installer
warfaj
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby amanker » 29 Aug 2009, 20:03

I had the same problem.

Here is the solution

I was just trying test the installation DVD and installation process.
and got the same error " ... USB Bus 1 not registered ...." and PS3 hangs on that and tried several times. and looked several sites but no solution.
then i looked in linux booting messages i found sb_5 referrs to USB mass storage device but i dont has any attached mass storage device. So that storgrage device must be HDD. and I formatted the HDD in PS3 Game OS the started again the installation and VOILA... "IT WORKED"
amanker
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby ninjagrass » 15 Nov 2009, 13:23

amanker wrote:I had the same problem.

Here is the solution

I was just trying test the installation DVD and installation process.
and got the same error " ... USB Bus 1 not registered ...." and PS3 hangs on that and tried several times. and looked several sites but no solution.
then i looked in linux booting messages i found sb_5 referrs to USB mass storage device but i dont has any attached mass storage device. So that storgrage device must be HDD. and I formatted the HDD in PS3 Game OS the started again the installation and VOILA... "IT WORKED"

Did you use the format utility and use quick format or full format?

Thank you
ninjagrass
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Postby litherum » 22 Aug 2010, 18:52

I was having this problem, but only because I forgot to give OtherOS some hard drive space. After telling XMB to leave some space for the OtherOS, it worked just fine.
litherum
ydl newbie
ydl newbie

Previous

Return to Installation